Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 04-17-2009, 10:04 AM
hmmm

Andy, I would share the load most definitely. What time were you planning on leaving though? I don't get off work until 6, and I'm in Deokcheon, so conceivably, I would not be able to meet until 7 or 7:30 depending on where you are meeting (I assume at Jason's place). Gerstein, I know you are in Ulsan, when would you be able to get to Busan?
Unread 04-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Jiri Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoutdoor
Andy, I would share the load most definitely. What time were you planning on leaving though? I don't get off work until 6, and I'm in Deokcheon, so conceivably, I would not be able to meet until 7 or 7:30 depending on where you are meeting (I assume at Jason's place). Gerstein, I know you are in Ulsan, when would you be able to get to Busan?

I can be at Nopodong probably by 6, or 6:15 ish Friday. And If there is still room in the van, my girlfriend would like to come.
Unread 04-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Jiri Jammer

I could also do some driving.
Unread 04-17-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm not in Kansas anymore

can i jump in one of the vehicles leaving friday...i can be at nopodong by5:30 or anywhere else by 6:30 or so... let me know
Unread 04-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Climb<암벽등반>

I'll be leaving Busan Fri late afternoon depends on convenient time of anyone who needs a ride with me. There are three rooms maybe four if you don't mind squeezing... And anyone needs a tent, just let me know. I've been super busy thesedays.. Any Questions? PM me, or call me.
Unread 04-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Seorak Sender

Anyone know the best way to get there from Daegu? I've never been to Seonunsan before. Anyone else from Daegu going?
Unread 04-19-2009, 08:51 AM
hmmm

daegu

shoot a PM to Will (willpower) he is going and he's from Daegu.
Unread 04-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Jiri Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dong-il
I'll be leaving Busan Fri late afternoon depends on convenient time of anyone who needs a ride with me. There are three rooms maybe four if you don't mind squeezing... And anyone needs a tent, just let me know. I've been super busy thesedays.. Any Questions? PM me, or call me.

Hey Dong-il,

I'm still trying to find a spot for my girlfriend (but we won't be able to get into Busan until the evening--6:15 at Nopodong). I think I am going down in Jason's van, maybe we can do some rearranging if there is anyone driving down in the van that can leave earlier with Dong-il.

So far it seems like these are the people going in the van:

Jason
Andy
Jstarkweather
intoutdoors
me
Unread 04-19-2009, 11:46 AM
verticalcult

Sad to say, I think if you are travelling (by car) from Daegu to Seonunsan the best way is either via Highway 88 (Olympic Expressway) to Kwangju and then up the Honam Expressway till the Jeong-Eup or Seonunsa IC...the #88 Olympic Expwy is pretty terrible...mostly it's 1 or 2 lanes in either direction and speed limited to 80km/hr (some expressway eh?). The alternative would be to come up to Daejeon and then down from Daejeon to Jeong Eup on the Honam Expressway to Jeong-Eup IC. There may be buses from Daegu to Jeong-Eup...check the Travel Korea link.
By Train you'd definitely have to go via Daejeon/ Seo-Daejeon and then transfer to another train heading to Jeong-Eup.
From Daegu there will be Will, Spatch and maybe 1 or 2 others coming over...if you guys got together you could maybe even think about renting a car (need a Korean or international license but would save time and money over public transport I think). Ask a Korean friend there to help you find a good car rent shop and get one with a navigation system/ road maps.
Unread 04-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Ground hugger

Sorry to say I'm gonna have to retract my offer for vehicle space from Yeosu. Meeting the future inlaws to talk about wedding plans trumps a M&G at the crag. I'll have to make it to the next on in Autumn (or one of the many mini M&G's through out the year).
Hope you all have a great trip and red-point some of your best climbs to date.

Safe climbing.

English Teacher, Photographer & Aussie gone walkabout.