Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 08-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Mark it eight, dude...

Talking

if i can suss my way out, i'll lurch out of the woodwork....count me in...
Unread 08-27-2007, 11:45 AM
tinker bell

I say go for Insubong as the spot that way those that want to boulder can and those of us that still don't understand bouldering (myself being one of them) can go do a multipitch or something.
Unread 08-27-2007, 09:38 PM
fun and conscientious welcome

Hey Heidi, nice to see you got the message out. Finally got a chance to peruse the site after getting my butt indoors for once.

mil-mil: I concur. Coming from one who has been multi-pitching whenever she gets the chance, Insubong - whenever Sweet Slab.

For dates, how about the 15th and 16th? For those who are interested in planning a big trip for Chuseok, it'll be early enough to gather some beta from other interested bodies and late enough to get some preparations done.

Boogie.
Unread 08-27-2007, 11:19 PM
peace

Woo hoo. . .

C'mon Dave. . . I think I read "bouldering" somewhere?
Personally, besides Dee and KL, I'd like to see some of the Seoul area folks again: Scott, Gary, Corey?!
hmmm. . . climbing or bouldering. . . ? oh wait, sunday at Insu. . .maybe bouldering!

15-16 looks like the meet and greet. . . we can celebrate alberto gonzales' last friggin day on the job

Last edited by skinsk : 08-28-2007 at 12:57 AM.
Unread 08-28-2007, 12:56 AM
climbergrrl

okay, how about we say it's at the bong...bbq at night (?)...camping at the 'bong campsite...bouldering or multi-pitch or even sport routes (there are some!) for whatever everyone wants (i'm in for at LEAST one day of bouldering! i'm bringing my pad!)...

do you guys mean sept. 15-16th? oh shoot, i just looked at my calendar and realized a typo on the meet 'n greet thread screwed me up. the meet n' greet is sept 3rd-5th? then yeah, the 15-16th for the seoul bbq sounds good...is everyone cool with that?

if so...hope everyone can make it out to both weekends!!!~ i'm planning to!

soooo...to recap...insu-bong on the 15-16th? does that sound okay? what do you all think? bring your own everything? (tent, food and drinks - feel free to collaborate with others on this as much as you want, i'm just not able to organize food and drinks stuff - climbing gear/bouldering pads/climbing weapons of choice, anything else you think might be interesting - i.e.: i'm bringing my slackline and hammock!) i'll try to round up a couple of bbqs, anyone want to give me a hand with this?

if you think you're going to make it out there, please just post here, so that we can try to get tent sites and have enough bbqs...

i can't wait!
Unread 08-28-2007, 07:35 AM
tinker bell

Meet and great wekend is the 14-16th I thought. Maybe the weekend befor? the 7th - 9th would work. I know i could use a cheeap one after this comming weekend.
Unread 08-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Lindsey

Hey everyone, I'm still pretty new to Korea (arrived July 7th) but am looking forward to meeting you all! The BBQ/climbing etc. sounds great, I would love to join in on the fun.

Lindsey
Unread 08-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Ayeishi!

I'm confusing.
Unread 08-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Ayeishi!

I though the meet and greet was the 15th/16th.
Unread 08-28-2007, 04:13 PM
peace

Yeah-- I originally didn't realize that was the M&G when I made my previous post here. . . and at the very minute I edited my post, Dee was posting! (Er were you working on start-of-semester things while getting sidetracked to KOTR too?!)

With the runaway vote and people planning to get there, would it be possible to have the BBQ in the next couple of weekends? Seems silly to schedule two events that basically cater to the same people, so close and on the same weekend! And given the locale (swimming! beach camping!) it's an ideal time for meetin' and greetin' (and a better place to bring parents than a rooftop BBQ!)