Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 05-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Snow Leopard

KML 2007 Season

Hey everyone, once again time for the shameless plug

The KML has officially started its 2007 season. Our winter hiatus was longer this year (I had some family over from home), but we are geared up and things started as of our Council Meeting last week. Our first in-field work for the season started today and concludes tomorrow. Then we will be on a regular schedule of in-field work: cleaning up, assessing trails, erosion checks, etc.
If anyone would like to volunteer, please let me know, we would highly appreciate your help. Even more, as we are 100% non-profit, we highly rely upon Council fees, membership fees, and donations. Every little bit helps us do our work. Membership fees are a reasonable 50,000 won annual, and don't need to be renewed if you don't wish to do so. Donations are your will: even 1,000 won buys us another pair of gloves.
We also are happy to receive donations in the form of equipment, primarily backpacks or hip packs. So if you have an old bag that just doesn't cut it for you anymore, we'll be happy to take off of your hands and put it to good use before its final retirement (Sorry, we are not accepting used hiking boots at this time... - Seriously though, I suggest contacting Porter's Progress in Nepal for a good way to donate used boots and clothing to Nepali porters who can't afford their own: http://www.portersprogress.org/).

Well, I hope we can all work together at some point to make better the highlands we all love - when you love something, cherish it, protect it.

*The KML link is at the bottom of every page of this site, with thanks to Eric for that.
Unread 05-13-2007, 07:47 PM
verticalcult

G'Day folks!
Just an advanced buzz to let anyone interested know, KOTR and KML are hoping to get a joint effort together to clean up the Halmae Bawi site sometime in June (maybe 3rd weekend??). This is not only in our interests as climbers who go there who prefer a clean lovely experience, but of course will be good for the whole environment there now that the Asan Garden Restaurant has closed and no-one is there to keep things clean. It is also true that in cleaning a place physically, you clean yourself spiritually. So keep checking in here for more beta and if you can join us for the clean up, many thanks in advance. Also lets all keep up the practice I saw at the M&G of picking up any garbage about, even if it was not ours...as someone said, the garbage isn't necessarily ours, but the responsibility is...because we are here.
Hope you all had a great weekend!
Jake