Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Trip Reports

Unread 04-24-2011, 11:42 PM
peace

Meet and Greet Seonunsan

Wow-- what an awesome weekend with beautiful weather, beautiful people, beautiful climbs and delicious food. Thanks to everyone who came and contributed. We had very little leftovers (though I won't buy onions, garlic or hot peppers for weeks) and no-one went hungry.

The food line Saturday Night was among the best and most organized ever! Jason, please post that 7-layer dip recipe here. A huge hand to all the choppers, cooks, coffee-makers, etc, without whom we couldn't have made it up those routes!

Special thanks to everyone who cleaned up, did dishes, etc. You are welcome at my place anytime! It was amazing how dishes (often mysteriously) kept getting washed. We left the campsite spotless!

Thank you fire-builders/tenders and entertainers for spreading the warmth!

PLEASE send me any photos (esp high quality photos) you have-- climbing shots, but also from the festivities. I'd also be interested in hearing stories, as I'd doing an article, and I'd like it to reflect the community here. Even just brief comments to edit together. If you could send these this week, that would be much appreciated!

I have W47,200, a red bowl. . . and some bukbunjaju (that will be enjoyed next weekend at the Film-Fest/climbing gathering. If you were one of the people who spent a lot (and I know a lot of things are really expensive here-- but you found it and made it happen) say W50,000 (and I know several people did), e-mail me (it's in my profile) a rough estimate of how much you spent and a mailing address and I'll split it between y'all

KOTR is such an amazing community! It's this energy and good vibes that keeps me here (and keeps me coming back!)! This weekend was a perfect example.
Unread 04-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Spandexed Sportclimber

Thanks Sonia, for all you did to keep this community growing!
Unread 04-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Seorak Sender

Is the Meet and Greet a yearly thing? I hope so, I'd love to go next year. It sounds like a wonderful time!
Unread 06-21-2011, 11:50 PM
Seorak Sender

Thumbs up Thank you!

Dear Sonja,

Want to thank you for all your time and effort that went into making the Meet&Greet at Seonnunsa possible and, may I add, such a great success!
It was truly a fabulous weekend of great climbing, fun company and delicious food. Was fantastic to climb again untill my fingers hurt and my arms feel like pop-eye's .

My apologies for having taken so long to tell you this. (its been on my to-do list for weeks... *embarressed look*).

Hope to climb with you soon again,let me know when you near Mokpo/Gwangju area again or even just somewhere in the south.

Have a great week!
Elmin