Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Announcements

Unread 11-10-2010, 02:19 AM
Currently a "Gyeongsonian"

KOTR Initiatives Presents...THE REEL ROCK TOUR!

KOTR Initiatives 2010 Fundraiser Presents... THE REEL ROCK FILM TOUR.

An event to celebrate the culture of climbing in Korea, and to support climbing sustainability projects around the peninsula. For more information about KOTR Initiatives, see KOTR Forums - New Initiatives Section.

This event will feature the 5th Annual Reel Rock Film Tour - 6 breathtaking new films showcasing ground-breaking ascents by the world's boldest climbers. Watch Lisa Rands, Daniel Woods, Dean Potter and others as they shatter what was until now, impossible. For trailers and more information about the films, check out THE REEL ROCK FILM TOUR SITE. This will be the premiere of the RRT in South Korea.

The entire event will be in both Korean and English. Advertisements, promotional materials, as well as raffles, prize giveaways, presentations and demonstrations, will all be in both Korean and English. The Reel Rock Film is currently being translated and will include KOREAN subtitles, as well!

The Event will also showcase a silent auction, raffles, prizes, live music, a DJ and live entertainment, guest presentations, and more. Score yourself some amazing gear from a number of major sponsors, and help support projects that will ensure the sustainability of our outdoor passion, such as crag clean-up, re-bolting, trail maintenance, education, and climbing access.

This Event will be held in Seoul at The North Face Outdoor Culture Center, a 2 minute walk straight ahead from exit 1 of Suyu station, line 4.

Tickets will be sold in advance only, for 10,000won each. Only 250 tickets are available, so act quickly to ensure your place in this event. Group purchases are encouraged.

To purchase tickets, contact:

Bryan Hylenski at 010-2232-6511/[email protected]

--or--

심선화 "Sunny" at 010-2773-7947 for Korean assistance.

More information concerning this Event will be posted within the "Initiatives" portion of the forums. Come check us out!

For questions about the event, please reply, or contact [email protected]

See you at the Show!
Unread 11-10-2010, 02:40 AM
초보자

대박~! two tickets 주세용!
I sent you an email, too
Unread 11-10-2010, 02:52 AM

got the email.
Unread 11-11-2010, 10:01 PM
peace

Can't wait to see everyone! Sorry I haven't been much help-- blame it on distance still, will do what I can! Set my ticket aside and write my name on (or lick) it .
Unread 11-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Halla Hanger

Hey Sonia and all,
Best and most helpful in terms of ticket purchase is to contact Bryan directly, get the account number, and make a transfer from your bank. Its the best way for us to keep tabs on attendance and sales. We actually dont have paper tickets, but a list of attendees who have made a transfer.
Even better would be to transfer enough for a handful of tickets at once, and collect money directly from your friends, in Jeonju or elsewhere, who will join us for the event!
See you at the show!
Unread 11-22-2010, 04:48 PM

Huge Event In Seoul!

More then a third of the tickets are sold and the announcments to the Larger Korean climbing clubs and communities are going out today and all this week. So if your interested in coming to this event, please don't wait too long to get tickets. We only have 250 spots, with more then 100 already sold.

Dec. 18th, from 5:30 - 6:00. Contact [email protected] or [email protected] for bank and payment information.
Unread 11-30-2010, 01:23 PM
send train

If you don't support this event you're anchor will fail and you will DIE! Then I will kick your dead body and say I told you so.

Don't forget, this isn't only about the REEL ROCK FILM TOUR. Even if you can't make it, it's the duty of every person who clips bolts (even if only once a year) in this country to support crag maintenance and re-bolting efforts. So even if you can't make it send in your 10,000 won MINIMUM and stop thinking of excuses. Most of us don't think twice about a gym usage fee, so why wouldn't you drop 10,000 or more to help the crags that you love?
Unread 12-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Halla Hanger

Well, lets put it this way. This event, (and others like it to come) will be a great way to take responsibility for the financial/environmental burden of our climbing. The costs of climbing dont end with your harness and and set of 12 quick draws you brought back from the States, you know. Those chains, and bolts that keep everyone safe cost someone a lot of money. And this is a cost that could, and should be spread over everyone who uses and depends on this equipment. Just by showing up at this event, drinking a few beers and watching the best climbing flicks you'll see all year, you can help. All proceeds will go towards replacing rusted protection, cleaning up after ourselves, and keeping our sport sustainable and safe in korea.

And yes, we do take donations.
Unread 12-19-2010, 09:19 AM
AT hiker

Found out about this event today (the 19th). Just arrived back in korea recently and hadn't been checking the site (are my excuses). Hope to be a more active member...