Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 06-22-2009, 12:41 AM
verticalcult

The Lindsey farewell, Ganhyeon Climb-a-thon from Hell (Heaven) weekend thing June 27-

Alone at home, no-one to climb with? Sad. So get of your bouldering pad, wipe the tears from your eyes (and the dribble from your chin - for God's sake!). Get you sport rack ready and pop on over to "the G" (Ganhyeon 간현) for a weekend of summer madness. Martyn, Mao, Heidi, Gabe, Louise, Kim-Lee, Aunty Will, Uncle Alec, Diana, Luke, Bogue, Stu, Jason (dehaan, supertopoz and choss monkey), Hannah, Robert, Chrissie, Danielle, Mack, Charlie, Amanda, Brandon, Ricky, 강효헌, 류동일, 박청열, 조성갑, hell even Rick & Adrienne in Okinawa, Sonia in Slovakia and Corey, Mae-lin and Yoonju in the USA, and Eric & Karen in Canada....YOU ARE ALL INVITED! As is anyone else I didn't mention...yes even you, that dude in the corner with a rusty biner and long lost dreams of finishing that half mouldy naan behind the TV. You too are welcome.

Climb.
Camp. (or minbak).
Climb.
Say goodbye to Lindsey.
Have a post climb beer.
Eat. Climb.

Dunno how to get to Ganhyeon? It's easy. Look at the search climbs thing and there is all the info you need. Post if you are looking for a lift (or if you have a spare seat and where you are coming from). Bring your togs (swimwear) coz the river will be tempting as hell.
Unread 06-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Jiri Jammer

Well when you put it like that Jake, I guess it would be rude to say no!
Unread 06-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Radio

How did you know about the mouldy naan? I'd forgotten all about it. I'm coming, provided the naan doesn't finish me off before the weekend.
Unread 06-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Snow Leopard

I'd love to see Lindsey before she leaves, hang out, have a naturalist's amble around the area, camp, and drink a few brewskies, but alas Cap'n Mo won't be able to make it...
Unread 06-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Jiri Jammer

Location: Wonji ... or as it's come to be known locally: Wonji-Vegas
If the weather cooperates, I'll make a point of making the long trip north. I may be able to convince Dale and a couple of other Jinju novices to come along.... but in case they have other plans, can anyone suggest the easiest way to make it to Ganhyeon from Daejeon (i.e. by public transportation)?

Looking forward to it (and to watching Andy creep around the campsite in the wee hours of the morning in search of his precioussssss naan).
Unread 06-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Let's throw some rope!

I'm down for coming to this. I just got my gear from the states (finally) I would love to meet all you KOTR peeps.
Unread 06-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Halla Hanger

I'll be there. Unfortunately I will be unable to climb which makes me a sad panda, but I can bring all my gear for anyone who needs it. I know a few people who might keep me company on a slackline whilst taking a break from sending this weekend and I look forward to wobbling with you . Can't wait to see you guys again!
Unread 06-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Lindsey

I have a mandatory dinner in Seoul on Saturday night til 9 pm (if I don't go, I don't get my $2,000 bonus check) so I'll be there Sunday morning!

I'm going to Seoraksan to climb Ulsanbawi Ridge Sunday night - Tuesday evening, so if anyone is free and wants to join let me know ASAP! A bivy is not absolutely necessary, you can do it without one.
Unread 06-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Jiri Jammer

yep i think i may well have to get down to this! wont be able to get down until sat sometime? dont have any camping gear yet! how cheap is the minbak? any one coming down from seoul area on sat morning!
Unread 06-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Climb<암벽등반>

Plans for heading off to "The G"

I have to work on Sat till 8pm after hours I'm gonna head off to the G either taking a night train or driving my car, so if those anyone who wants to go with me pm or text me. I might leave around Sat 10pm Busan. Jake 동생, is there anything you want me to bring for the fare well party?