Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 05-10-2009, 09:05 PM
send train

Dirty Climber ISLAND ORGY! May 23-24

Come one, come all.

South of Busan there lies an island that doesn't show up on the Naver map. We have the beta for how to get there. If this thing ends up even slightly as cool as it looks we're going to have a blast. I make no promises because we know absolutely NOTHING about this place other than how cool it's profile looks far off in the distance as we were bouldering here.. http://www.koreaontherocks.com/climb...hp?area_id=281

This island is very very steep in places and is well off of the beaten path. Though it's kind of obscure, it looks like a sizable island. I can't type korean on this comp, but i'll edit this post to add the name when I get to work tomorrow. The closest I can get with an Engrish spelling is Namu Seom, or Tree Island.

It will cost us 20,000 per head to get a boat to take us out there and back.

Bring camping gear, plenty of water, pads (if you have them), one person may need to bring rope and draws (i'll bring trad gear). Swimming shorts may also be a good idea. This is going to be an adventure and we have no idea what we will find, so prepare for anything. The ocean gets a bit cooler than Busan so bring a jacket, and sun block is a must.

If anyone has a hand drill and plans on bringing it, please post up so I don't have to buy one. I can guarantee that there won't be anchors at the top of anything.

Even if it has no climbing (which i hightly doubt) this should be a damn good time.

Meet time 9am Saturday May 23rd at Shinpyeong (end of orange line) in Busan. Go to exit 4. To give you an idea how far it is. It takes just under 50 min from Oncheonjang (Home Plus meeting place). If people want to crash on my floor the night before to make the morning trip easier that's cool.

Last edited by choss monkey : 05-10-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Unread 05-10-2009, 10:10 PM
☆★☆★☆★☆★

AAAARRRRGH, when ya gonna update yar post, matey?
Unread 05-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Seorak Sender

island climb

I am currently teaching on Geoje island, and I live about five minutes from the ferry terminal that comes in from busan. I'd be keen to join. I have all of my own gear and I know a nice climbing spot on Geoje if Hakdong doesn't work out. People are more than welcome to crash at my place too..

cheers,
Zac
Unread 05-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Mud? Low in fat high in fat? Mud.

Man, I'm dialed for it too.
What an adventure.

Hey Deagu Crew lets have a party, come on everyone.
Lindsey too, it's a long way but it will be so much fun.
Unread 05-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Radio

I will be coming and I'll be wearing nothing but my harness and a smile.
Unread 05-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Lindsey

aww shucks, I just might have to come, but I think I'll skip the orgy part (don't want Chris to get jealous, you know). Busan Jason!! I don't work on Monday May 25!! More morning bouldering?
Unread 05-11-2009, 10:02 PM
send train

i've done an image search on naver for 나무섬. the pics i've seen were mostly fishing oriented i will try to go out there one morning on my own this week to see what it is like. if it doesn't pan out we can definately hit up zac's island. supertopoz and i were out there last tuesday and were impressed with what we saw. i really want to check out some more of that area for DWS potential anyway. there is definately a ton of trad and bouldering potential though. 매물도 (think that's the name) just off of the south tip looks really sweet too.

yeah lindsey, i'm def down for more morning bouldering and as always my floor is open.
Unread 05-12-2009, 05:52 AM
<--Sean

I'll be at dadaepo kiteboarding that whole weekend. (Thursday-Sunday) Might have to join in, nice to have a backup if the wind fails. Whats the distance from dadaepo, is it the one island in the picture?, I might even be able to kiteboard out or if it's 2 miles or down I'll just swim it. I need more INFO!!!

I'll be kiteboarding on the main beach, so need to know if I can see it from there.
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:12 AM
send train

no you can't see it in any of the pictures. if you try to kite board there you will die or at least make the news. either one would be entertaining, but you're still worth more to us alive.
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:54 AM
<--Sean

lol die? people kiteboard the 70 miles between honolulu and kawaii every year, not that I'm that insane, but it can't really be that far. All else fails I'll meet up, but taking a boat just seems so.....easy.