Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 10-22-2007, 03:13 PM
verticalcult

Hey Heidi mate, is there a min-bak, love motel or similar nearby to your place where KA and I could crash? If so can you you possibly pm me a phone number so as we can make a reservation. Also how long does it take from your area to Insubong enterance/ O2 etc?
Corey, If it's still cool with you I'd love to swing a few pitches on the bong on Saturday. How early would we wanna start? If it's not super early I might pop up on Sat am via KTX, if early then maybe I'd better swing up Fri night. KA won't be climbing yet, but wants to come up and hang out for the bbq and meeting and so on. Are we climbing Sat in costume bro?
Jake
Unread 10-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Seorak Sender

is it cool if me and my friend eric go?
Unread 10-24-2007, 02:13 PM
verticalcult

Hey I'm sure the normal KOTR rules apply "the more the merrier". Don't wait for an official invite or until you know someone else going, nah, just rock on up matey. Looks like about a gazillion KOTers will be there. Oh, yeah, BTW I'll still need accom somewhere nearby, and maybe bringing 2 or 3 other climbing cats from Daejeon. Any ideas on where we might crash? Thanks!
Unread 10-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Ayeishi!

Can we get a recap?
What?
Where?
When?
Unread 10-24-2007, 03:11 PM
thread killer

Okay recap.

What: Bouldering, Sport, and Trad climbing
Where: Insubong
When: This weekend. I'm not sure about the ropeguns' schedule, but the cordless crew will meet at the entrance of the park (the top parking lot, where the buddhist bus drops people off) at 11:00 on Saturday. Saturday night a BBQ on Climbergrrl's rooftop...right climbergrrl?
Things to bring: Food for the BBQ, gear, pads, sleeping bags, and the such.
Accomodations: Hotels, Minbaks around Insubong, my place, maybe climbergrrl's, and whoever else lives in the neighborhood...maybe Corey's place too?
Costumes: not a must, but it's the only day that you can dress up like the stay-puff marshmallow man and get respect!
Unread 10-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Seorak Sender

we are there
Unread 10-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Padawan Rock Climber

anyone going alone so I don't feel left out? Is the entrance of the park up the road toward O2 World?
Unread 10-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Mark it eight, dude...

Talking

It is. There are really one of two ways to get to the insubong trailhead.

Option A: Walk. It sucks. It's a long slog up asphalt with buses screaming by inches from your grill. No fun. Though, I have done it many times... Anyway, if you do opt for this masochism, just keep walking straight up the road, stay to the right when it forks, and you will come to the bus drop off, which leads me to...

Option B: Take "The Buddha Bus". So, the city buses (such as 120, 109, 144, etc.) will drop you off on the right side of the road at the very bottom of the shopping-district road, which leads to the aforementioned slog (and O2). Walk about 30 meters up the road and you will see a parking lot looking area on your left. To the right will be, I think, a small Black Yak store. There will probably be people in a line (in the parking lot area looking place), waiting for something...something wonderful. They are waiting for the Buddha Bus! If you jump in line right there you should be good to go. The bus will look like a tour bus, but it is free, so don't hesitate to jump on and grab a chair and revel as the 25 minute asphalt uphill lurch becomes a pleasant, if not slightly kimchi-rrific, 4 minute bus ride to the proper entrance to the trailhead.

Anyway, I think most of us are going alone and meeting up there at the trailhead (if yer pebble-wrestling like the rest of us boulderers) at 11, so cheers, and hope to see ya there.

Dave
Unread 10-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Padawan Rock Climber

sweet thanks. no idea what pebble-wrestling is but sounds good lol. I wanted to get some sport or trad climbing in but whatever I guess lol, anyway someone coulg get on an instant messenger and IM me?
Unread 10-24-2007, 10:07 PM
peace

Friday

Is anyone free on Friday?!