Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
View Poll Results: Where do you want to have 2009 Spring M&G?
Seonunsan 선운산 (Seoksal bawi etc) - Jeong Eup Gun (정읍군) 12 38.71%
Ganhyeon 간현 - Wonju city area (원주시) 13 41.94%
Maisan 마이산 (Albawi + OPera House) - Jinan city (지난시) 15 48.39%
Other - 기타 1 3.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 04-13-2009, 03:18 PM
verticalcult

Yeah Jerry mate where have you been!!!??? I tried callinmg your cell months ago and some lass said it wasn't yours anymore etc
Ah yeah, Seonunsan....well from Wonju:
1-take the Yong Dong Expressway (#50) to the Hobeop IC near Icheon
2-Head south from Hobeop IC on Jungbu Expressway (#10) towards Daejeon until you get to the Hoedok IC and follow it right (SW) towards Jeonju on the Honam Expressway (#3).
3-Take the Jeong-Eup IC exit and stay in the left lane after paying the toll. You'll swing around and come to a 4-way...GO LEFT and follow signs to Seonunsan/ Seonunsa.

What day are you heading down? Sat or Fri?
Unread 04-13-2009, 04:49 PM
verticalcult

OK So now that it's getting close to time and people are getting ready, PLEASE let's be really careful when climbing and camping at Seonunsan (and every place) to have a minimal impact onb the environment too. It'd be great to see a few KOTRers walking around between climbs/ belays just picking up any trash and carting it back down to the bins at the camp-ground. Likewise, in the mornings, even if you are feeling a bit "seedy" or tired please don't leave the loathesome task of cleaning the campsite to non-climbing boy/girlfriends, late-risers or others in general. Let's even try and set up a recycling system whereby we have several BIG rubbish bags for different trash types (glass+metal; plastics; food waste; general trash). This would really make us look good and help spread the green-vibe word amongst our fellow campers/ hikers and climbers.
No toilets up at the crag either, so try and take care of one's ablutions before going up or hold it in till returned...there's way too much shitty TP and poop up there as it is.
Will, have you got anything sorted for the Snow Leopard wax your chest fundraiser mate? Share it here.
Unread 04-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Snow Leopard

I'm sorry that I can't make it again this year. I was really hoping on it, but I have my obligations with the KMPL that weekend (the opening weekend for our 2009 season).

To add to what Jake said about keeping the site clean, and even picking up some trash and recyclables and disposing of it all properly, please take note of how much is picked up and the KMPL will post it the site (there's no need to really take note of the group's trash and whatnot; that falls under a different category, ie, the pack it in, pack it out ethic of the minimal impact code). Please take photos if you can so those can be put on the site as well.

I apologize again that I can't make it. Have a great time, be safe, be green, and give the hills a hug for me.
Unread 04-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Rock Sloth

Thanks Jake! Yeah, i got a new job and a new phone i think i still have your number written down somewhere but just in case here's mine. 01072999831
Unread 04-18-2009, 06:31 PM
verticalcult

Good news on seonunsan possibly, a Korean climber from Cheongju just told us that there is a new crag at Seonunsan, down past Tugu bawi (near Seoksal bawi too) that is about the size of old Halmae bawi and dotted with good lower level climbs (under 5.10c/d). I don't know where exactly so if anyone else knows of this crag (Heidi, Kim Lee, Ricky, Lindsey??) Please post info here. It is not mun bawi (I double checked that point).
Unread 04-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Lindsey

never heard of it... sorry!
Unread 04-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Seorak Sender

Hi Everyone,

We've only been in S.Korea for about 2months, and are dying to get some good climbing in and meet some climbers. We'd love to come to the meet and greet...any way to get there via bus/train/taxi? Is it this weekend? My email is [email protected] Thanks! Look forward to meeting you all-Jess and Jeff
Unread 04-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Halla Hanger

JessnJeff, check the meet and greet travel thread... depending on where you are, this place might be a bit of a mission to get to, but get to a bigger city and there will certainly be trains/buses you can take to get you directly to the area, or close enough for one more short bus ride/taxi. People are leaving from Seoul, Busan, Daegu, Daejeon, Wonju and many elsewheres to get there, easiest thing is to join other people heading out. Check the travel thread for information from your point of departure, if theres nothing then let people know where you're coming from and we can get you sorted.

This is happening april 24th - 26th.