Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 09-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Seorak Sender

Ricky, I usually take size 8.5-9ish in Canada. So here, its about 250-255.

Mil-mil, I would love some travel partners. What time are you planning on heading out? I don't finish work until 6 but I could be in Songtan shortly after. Let me know. I will also pm you my # since it may be easier to figure this out over the phone.

Thanks alot!
Unread 09-10-2007, 08:38 PM
mastering the pull-up

Julie... you can put me (Jessie) down for another tub of guac and a head of lettuce

Ricky... If I were you, I'd bring the curry, or something. We sure didn't have a surplus of food Sat night at the Spring MG. I know I barely got a teeny burrito, so more food it always good!

As for food Friday night, we will have a very carnivorous grill going. Anyone is free to grill on it, but you need to bring your own meat.
Unread 09-10-2007, 08:43 PM
tinker bell

jess kris you can depend on me to bring some flesh for your grill... i checked and they don't have any knob creeek but do have jameson and a really nice burbon who's name presently slips my mind
Unread 09-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Aggressive Sheep

i'll also bring...

veggy reefer beans
tortillas (1pack)
shredded cheese
coffee
plastic and soju shot sized paper cups
paper (or plastic??) plates

sunday breakfast note: in case i sleep in, i will try to leave everything needed to make the p-cakes in a box by the main gathering area for someone to take charge.

julie, can you update your post to reflect what's been offered so far?

everyone, the weekend is approaching fast! time to pony up and claim an item. it doesn't have to be a lot...
Unread 09-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Seorak Sender

tent space?

some newbies from busan/ulsan are going to the m&g (yay!) and a couple of them don't have tents....does anyone know if jen is going and bringing along her huge tent that can sleep an army?? or do others have room in their tents? i keep trying to reassure them that there will be room for everyone but i think they are a bit shy or want assurance they will not be sleeping out in the wild!
Unread 09-12-2007, 04:46 PM
peace

tent space

I just got a new mega car camping tent with some extra room, though I have offered it to folks who have gotten in touch with me/I've gotten in touch with. . . so far if it's just me and Lindsey. . .

I have no problem with others joining us, but it would be nice if folks would fill out their profiles, rsvp for the M&G and post, so I might see who I am inviting!!!

Anyway, they should definitely come. . . worst case scenario there are minbaks, hotels. . . it always works out!
Unread 09-12-2007, 04:49 PM
new but keen

spare sleeping bag?

Heya,
I'm a Britsh chick studying at EWHA and I'm new to Seoul.
I'l be arrive on Saturday night. I dont have a sleeping bag here with me - does anyone have a spare?
Unread 09-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Seorak Sender

Okay here is the updated list. The truth is guys without Ricardo at this point we would be starving. If a few more people don't step up, then we are going to have to cancel dinner on Sat. night and do a bring your own thing. Let's go! Do we want to do dinner or not?

Refried Beans - Ricardo
Cheese (2 blocks) - Ricardo (1 bag)
Guacamole - Julie (one tub) Chickenlegs 1 tub
Onions - Julie
Bell Peppers
Tortillas - Ricardo (1 pack)
mushrooms (?)
Tomatos
Lettuce - Chicken Legs
Tortilla chips
Salsa
Sour Cream

2 large frying pans
2 cook stoves
2 spatulas for flipping
Knives for cutting
chopping boards
cheese grater
paper plates - Ricardo
plastic cups - Ricardo

Sounds like Ricardo's got everything for breakfast, except blueberries, if anyone wants blueberry pancakes. And I think someone already volunteered to bring cooking oil and coffee.
Unread 09-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Aggressive Sheep

hey all,
if the above list doesn't change (only 3 people so far???) i'm going to assume that the mexi feast is not wanted and i'll bail on those items...which would be really sad b/c in the past this communal feast has always been the one of the highlights of the M&G by bringing random people together.

but i'm not giving up...what is listed above is all i'm willing to buy. i know the other items are in short supply (or high cost) to those without access to commisary's, so i have no problem bringing the other items as long i get compensated. please pm me by tomorrow night if you want me to pick something up for you. i could even coordinate with the other military members to spread things out.

there is absolutely NO reason that anyone should say this on monday...
Quote:
We sure didn't have a surplus of food Sat night at the [fall] MG. I know I barely got a teeny burrito

ok now, who's going to claim the big @$$ jug of salsa for $5???

oh, and if you're bringing something that's not on that list please post it here
Unread 09-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Seorak Sender

Hey Ricardo,

If you can get stuff from base, then count me in for another pack of soft tortillas, sour cream, and a bag of tortilla chips. That should be around 10 bucks, I think. I just don't have the access, the time, or the ability to get the stuff, but am more then happy to contribute. Come on, everyone, seriously lets step up, the food is the best part. See ya all there!