Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 08-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Aggressive Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbergrrl
...what do you all think of the first weekend in october, just as a suggestion? the 6/7th? that way, it won't interfere with chuseok plans, or the meet n' greet weekend, presumably...and people won't have to have their septembers packed? we can celebrate the end of the hot weather...friction will be getting good at the 'bong or any bouldering place we may decide to go to...
i like this original idea though i know this was plugged as an end of summer deal.
M&G is (or most likely will be) SEPT 14-16,
chusok seems to interfere with the following weekend,
sept 28-30 got the 2nd highest votes so that might be a good weekend too.
Unread 08-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Halla Hanger

I'm all up in this. Northern Seoul climbing is just too convenient! and awesome... Does plastic pulling draw for any of you? Friday night warm ups at dangogae? I've got a spare room and I wont charge as much as a minbak.
Unread 08-29-2007, 12:14 AM
peace

Oct sounds good too! The weather'll be aweome, and less chance of rain on the BBQ (a terrible combination). . . seems like a lot of KOTRers in NE Seoul these days. . . we could always split up Sat night in terms of where people want to go and what time they think they can! on Sunday!

Plastic is probably the best way to meet up on Fri. . . Dong. . . Eunbong. . . and we can all follow D to the rooftop~

Maybe an indoor (O2) alternative in the event of rain?

Last edited by skinsk : 08-29-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Unread 08-29-2007, 12:57 AM
climbergrrl

i'm sorry that i have to make things so confusing ...i was just a little confused myself...

sooo...the MEET 'N GREET (NOT the bbq in seoul!) is going to be at ganhyeon on the sept 15/16th weekend, right? please somebody confirm this!!!!

it sounds like people are keen to go back to the original october idea, which i think is still fully an end-of-summer bbq, do you KNOW how long summer lasts in this country? friction on the rock is just getting decent again in october! and i will JUST finally be able to wear my much-beloved fleece and wool sweaters again!

sooo, how does THIS sound?
- oct. 6/7th weekend...
(- fri. night at an artificial wall sounds like a great way to kick things off, les, i'd be interested!)
- sat. at...insu-bong? (climbing style of choice?) sonia also had a good idea that if some people weren't sure of location, they could climb plastic somewhere that day, and then head to the bbq location together that night...
- sat. night...bbq (and camp-out?)...at insu-bong campsites?
- sun. climbing wherever and however you want...
- everyone who can make it out is welcome!!!

is that better? please keep the corrections and ideas coming guys, although we will of course eventually have to just narrow it down or it will never happen...
Unread 08-29-2007, 04:58 AM
Halla Hanger

It'll be my second last weekend in these parts for a while, I think it sounds great. Can anyone else not sleep in this weather?!
Unread 08-29-2007, 08:18 AM
peace

Who can sleep, what with fan death lurking . . . ?

Dee-- Oct sounds perfect-- as it gives everyone time to make plans for both events and Chuseok, and the weather will be ideal.

So the BBQ at Insu. . . Do they have grills? Fri we're likely to have the place to our selves (or mostly so) so I do think meet-up Fri and climb Sat is best, as Sun at Insu can be a zoo. But man, this seems like it could be a lot of stuff to carry to the campground and if we stay Sat night, it might get very crowded.

I kinda liked the rooftop party idea. . .
Unread 08-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Jiri Jammer

hey i live 5 minutes from uidong and anyone can stay at my pad. however, only 2 to 3 people max would fit, my place is tiny!
Unread 08-29-2007, 10:23 PM
fun and conscientious welcome

Geez. From a September date we've ran through a whole month already. But at least for this year summer seems to be running long and very hot. Tried to sleep on the roof but couldn't cuz I was afraid I'd fall off. Childhood sleepwalking memories. October sounds great Heidi!

And Les or Ilsan will definitely take you up on lodgings. Hope booming noises in the night don't freak you guys out.

Last edited by littledigits : 08-29-2007 at 10:27 PM. Reason: grammar
Unread 09-01-2007, 12:40 PM
verticalcult

Dee and the Northern crew, this is sounding sweet. Early Oct, late Sept is all good. I like the sound of a Sat (early start, EARLY!) at Insubong, a long time since I did slab climbing....but, what the hell! I dunno about camping at Insu though, it will be super crowded and it's not a public camp ground. Only registered clubs can camp there...I'd hate to play the "ignorant foreigner" card, but maybe we can try and get KOTR accepted as a registered/ approved club at the camp ground. Any Seoul gym goers want to ask their bosses about how and who can get this "official" permission? Corey, if you don't mind doing a bumbly route, I'd love to swing a multi-pitch with you. We might even try and have several teams on diff 'bong routes all meeting for a Sat "lunch" at the top. If it looks like rain, I'll bring my ice gear and we can O2 it.
Unread 09-03-2007, 09:52 AM
climbergrrl

jake! i love your thinking! you've almost got me hoping for rain! i'm in there with you swinging ice tools if it does!

woohoo!

(this is my version of a dance to the rain gods and goddesses!)

heehee...