Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 10-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Seorak Sender

yeh that sounds like a plan. Do you have any idea how long the bus will take from Jeonju? yes, that is Tash from the gym. We plan to leave at five hopefully on Friday. I will call Will to arrange a time to meet in Wonju. If Jake will be there too, that means four to split the taxi! Rad
Unread 10-06-2010, 02:34 PM
aka, The Griz or just Jake

Hey Amber,

I'll be arriving at around midnight as the earliest bus I can catch leaves at 8pm and it's about a 4 hr ride (that's what the info lady said) up to Wonju, although I think it will only take about 3 and half hours. Should take close to the same amount of time to get there from Jeonju, although it depends on if there's a direct express bus or not. Let me know when you get it figured out as I'd love to share a cab.
Unread 10-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Seorak Sender

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLayne
Stay away from me and you wont wake up in no trees. Thats my new motto, thanks. About the minbaks. I've never made reservations ahead of time for ganhyon. There was one time that the minbaks across from the crag were all booked but there are more about 1 klick down the river (you'll walk past them on your way to the crag). I think it was something like 40 or 50,ooo for a room regardless how many people were staying. Dont quote me on prices though. I always just throw in 10,ooo and stay with other people. Each place has a different price. I stayed in one with my g/f and they charged her parents 100,ooo for a room with a shared bathroom. If youre planning on staying alone 40 or 50,ooo should do. You might have to haggle. If you dont speak hangul just pull out 30,000 and say its all you got. If that dont work have a handful of change ready inside your pack. That always gets em. The minbaks down river from the crag are cheaper, but if it were me, I'd pay a little extra for one near the crag. Either way you'll find a minbak.

thanks for the info man.
Unread 10-06-2010, 10:21 PM
peace

I've paid W30,000 and W40,000 for a room (split between 5 and 4 people-- the cheapest times were during Chuseok and way-off season). . . but it's seasonal and occupancy dependant. If the weather is nice, the price may go up (due to demand). . . It can be just as cheap to buy a 2-3 person tent:-)

if you're coming in late, I'd be happy to check places for you. . .
Unread 10-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Jiri Jammer

All the tents i've seen in the shops around Seoul are over 250,ooo. Where are you finding these deals skinsk? Is there a website to see some pics?
Unread 10-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Seorak Sender

Wonju cab

Hey Jake

The last bus to Wonju from Jeonju is at 6 which will get me into Wonju at 9/9:30. So we will be getting in a couple of hours before you arrive. Sorry dude
Unread 10-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Halla Hanger

Yes, Sonia, some are lurking. We're excited to see you cats out there. Lookin to be a fantastic weekend! TLayne if you want to see what a 40,000won tent looks like, I'll bring one with me and lend it to a deserving shelterless climber-type. One could find them near the subway station of Jongno 5-ga, in the direction of the cheongyecheon stream. (tents, and climber-types) See you Saturday.
Unread 10-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Seorak Sender

What time are people planning to start climbing on Saturday?

I'm new and will be driving up on Saturday morning - just trying to figure out how early I need to leave from the Cheongju/Daejeon area.

I wasn't sure if I could make it or not due to other commitments, so I haven't booked any place to stay in advance...hopefully that won't be a problem, and if worst comes to worst I can always sleep in my car saturday night...
Unread 10-08-2010, 08:12 PM
peace

I've got twp W30,000 tents with me:-)

Climb when you get here Heather!

Excited to see folks. I've got some extra tent and/or car space. I think.
Unread 10-08-2010, 11:09 PM
peace

Heather Brian Les. . . we got veggies, 2 stoves. . . pots, knife, cutting board, I have time to cook. . . could someone bring chees (jack?) tortillas, (veggie) refried beans?