Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 09-26-2010, 05:34 PM
peace

October 8-10, Kanhyeon Meet and Greet.

With so much to do for Chuseok, I kinda haven't checked in, but I see Kanhyeon and Oct 8-10 seem to have won the day.

Convenient by train from Seoul to the East and as far as Gyeongju (there's a train direct to Kanhyeon at 9:00) to the West. . . it can also be easily accessed by bus, train or cab from Wonju.

Picked up some sponsors and schwag this summer. . . first dibs to those who travelled the furthest (and those with the most epic stories!)

Newbies and Oldies encouraged! We'll try to take over the farthest campground, but nearby minbaks and hotel can be booked (earlier the better).

I'm happy to spend some time going over lead/multi-pitching/and various-other-clinicing for people who want to upgrade their skills.

Guitars, drums, ukes, good voices encouraged to join! have a ride, offer, need a ride (or directions), ask. With 70+ people, meal planning got a little chaotic last time, but we can try again to get a good south of the border food line gong for Sat night/pancake breakfast for Sunday.

Try to RSVP, but by all means if you don't come on down anyway!!
Unread 09-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Dude

I live so close, I really don't have any reason not to be there.
Unread 09-27-2010, 10:32 PM
peace

No you don't. . . what else can you do?!?!? notify local clubs? help us stake a campsite? bring lots of food or musical instruments? check out bus schedules and train schedules:-) BTW-- is that your iPod plug in cord? I took it and the rental place didn't say anything? If it is, I'll bring it to the M&G. . . and anyway, we did get good use of it on the way home:-)
Unread 09-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Dude

It is mine, and I left it on purpose because I knew it would be helpful for the ride home . Consider it a gift?
Unread 09-28-2010, 01:39 AM
peace

Cool. . .cuz Amber had some great SA music!! Still. . . YOU had the most coolest stuff I didn't know. . . so I need to grab it fRom ya. . . I will search and pay for Carolina Chocolate Drop:-) I feel like giving them my hard earned won!!!
Unread 09-29-2010, 04:30 PM
peace

OK, so information on getting to the crag is here, though some of it might be dated!

A recent train search shows the following trains from Cheongnyangni station in East Seoul direct to Ganhyeon:
train # departs arrives departure arrival
Direct 1631 Cheongnyangni Ganhyeon 07:10 08:37
Direct 1633 Cheongnyangni Ganhyeon 09:10 10:28
Direct 1635 Cheongnyangni Ganhyeon 12:10 13:34
Direct 1607 Cheongnyangni Ganhyeon 15:00 16:17
Direct 1611 Cheongnyangni Ganhyeon 19:00 20:30
Direct 1627 Cheongnyangni Ganhyeon 20:10 21:35 -
from Wonju, it's a short train ride:
Direct 1628 Wonju Ganhyeon 07:47 07:58 -
Direct 1602 Wonju Ganhyeon 09:29 09:44
Direct 1634 Wonju Ganhyeon 11:43 11:56
Direct 1622 Wonju Ganhyeon 13:22 13:33 -
Direct 1606 Wonju Ganhyeon 15:52 16:05
Direct 1608 Wonju Ganhyeon 17:28 17:39
Direct 1640 Wonju Ganhyeon 18:51 19:01
Bus #52 to 간현 from Wonju runs about every hour. It passes in front of the train station. According to the Wonju site, but #57 also runs there, but I am not sure where it leaves from in the city.

Wonju has linked an English page for the resort here.

Drivers: Yeongdong Highway, exit the highway at Munmak IC. - take National road 42 to Wonju (Northeast)- 4.3km ;Turn left -cross Donghwa Bridge and take county road 88. Pass a small hill on and drive 1km more until you arrive at Jijeong Elementary School and Gyeongjanggyo under a steel bridge. Keep going straight for 2.4km, to the entrance of Ganhyeon. There are several exits that are signed (most in English) for the resort. Look for the brown signs!!
Unread 10-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Jiri Jammer

Last count is at 150+ people.

You know the drill. Party starts middle car of train (car solely dedicated to beer and snacks). If you dont know pm me. Beer prices on the train are double so it BEHOOVES you to dedicate a single backpack solely for beer, preferably Cass or OB. According to some quick calculations, taking into account our larger body masses, we only need 50 people to take over the entire center car of train! Regardless of what you may or may not have heard, more is better!

If youre leaving from Cheongnyangni, post or pm your travel time. I'm kinda an early riser so Im thinking about leaving Saturday morning on the first train from Cheongnyangni. Either that or friday evening. Thanks for posting the trains time schedule skinsk
Unread 10-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Seorak Sender

I probably won't be making this meet and greet. Global Gathering is a day-long festival on Saturday October 9th. I already bought my ticket. The event starts at 2pm and goes until ?, so I'm not sure what kind of state I'll be in for climbing on Sunday. Sorry guys. Hope you have a blast though!
Unread 10-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Jiri Jammer

Errrrr!!!

Hmmm....getting drunk before you even get to the crag Tlayne!!! Not the safest start to your climbing day, don't you think?

Everyone have a safe Meet and Greet...... if I didn't have plans to bath naked in a waterfall this weekend I would join, but so is so... I am sure I will accordingly meet people through various upcoming climbing trips in Korea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLayne
Last count is at 150+ people.

You know the drill. Party starts middle car of train (car solely dedicated to beer and snacks). If you dont know pm me. Beer prices on the train are double so it BEHOOVES you to dedicate a single backpack solely for beer, preferably Cass or OB. According to some quick calculations, taking into account our larger body masses, we only need 50 people to take over the entire center car of train! Regardless of what you may or may not have heard, more is better!

If youre leaving from Cheongnyangni, post or pm your travel time. I'm kinda an early riser so Im thinking about leaving Saturday morning on the first train from Cheongnyangni. Either that or friday evening. Thanks for posting the trains time schedule skinsk
Unread 10-04-2010, 01:38 PM
The guy who's lost.

I'll be there, if not then I prolly won't be anywhere interesting. Not that I'm a loser, I just don't really think there is anything I could be more interested in going on this week. I mean, no offence to the Global Gathering people, I just don't like dancing all that much. Nothing against dancing, I'm just not good at it. Well, I mean I've never really taken dancing seriously though, so I bet if I tried I could excel. I just like climbing more than dancing, not to say anyone skipping the M&G is misplacing priorities or anything. I'm personally just more interested in climbing.