Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Gear > Gear Stores

Unread 09-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Tim

RESOLE... Re: Seoul is too far

i can see the red parts where the black parts should be!!! Which is to say, i am going to blow a hole in 'em soon lest i can manage a resole. Any advice of where to go? Seoul is out of my neighborhood. So, Busan or something south.

Otherwise, daddy needs a new pair of shoes. So if you are military and still reading this despite my cutesy winky face and third person discussion of myself as "daddy", and want to volunteer a mailing address... i would love to have a pair mailed out here for the meet and greet. p.m. me or give me a call if you fear paper trails 01048058466 ask for tim (my sis might have the phone).

thanks!!!
Unread 09-18-2010, 09:27 AM
send train

Give me a few days and I'll get the mailing address for a place here, that way you don't have to go further than your post office.
Unread 09-19-2010, 09:01 PM
send train

Bad news I just got my shoes back a few days ago, and today was only my second day to use them since the resole.

They looked OK yesterday, but today the rand blew. I can still give you the addy if you want, but the quality of the work is in serious question. Another guy at the gym said that his resole job from them was sub-standard too. Sorry for the bad news. I'll ask around Jongno 5ga tomorrow though to see if I can find a different place. If I don't reply to this thread again, it means I didn't find something.
Unread 09-20-2010, 12:11 AM
verticalcult

Tim daddy, I get my shoes resoled via the climb shop man here in central Daejeon. It's usually 10-12 days turn around, and I think he sends them to Seoul, but the quality has always been totally satisfactory (as opposed to my footwork, foot smell and general bedroom performance, but lets not go there, yet...) anyways the rubber job he gives me is good. 38,000won for a rand and front sole redo in La Spotiva/ 5.10 rubbers (choice depends on what shoes/ rubber you have/ want).
Unread 09-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Tim

Jason, thanks for the attempt. Bummer about your shoes. Hope you figure that out. I appreciate the effort!

Jake my boy, hope to climb with you soon out in Daejon on one of those ridges. Maybe mid october. I will bring them then.

Thanks guys