Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:15 PM
peace

And. . . maybe limes, sour cream and mixed mexicanish cheeses (in exactly the reverse order that I have listed!). (YOU CAN NOT get too many limes, as these are things I cannot get locally, or order on line. .. and yet so important for my favorive cocktails and Thai food. . . that if you get them. . . you will get much love^^ and I will just cart them home. . . and you will be my friend <3 and they will not go to waste!!)

I got some peppers (red yellow) from my local farmers and so actually pre bought, chopped, and seasoned. If someone brings peppers and tomatoes (Probabl several would be good. . . as they are nice in the burritos and with chips!) for salsa great. I have a bag of tortillas (maybe 8?)

Can someone get tequilla?! If no one says "yes" in a day or so. . . I will get that!

If folks can bring more tortillas, cheese, margarita mix . . . tortilla chips. . . refried beans (esp vegetarian^^) these would be great!!
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Taaaaaaake

If all goes to plan I'll be able to bring many, many limes.

Also staking public dibs on Sonia's second spare sleeping bag and pad (thanks Sonia).
Unread 04-17-2013, 05:43 AM
Seorak Sender

If Steve is getting the limes, I'll grab the tequila then. As far as the other stuff, like the cheese and sour cream, what quantities are we talking?
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:07 PM
peace

Limes and sour cream are things I will gladly bring home. . . but I have a hard time believing there would be any extra sour cream (do freeze the night before, anyway. . . at least one. . . ) and there is never extra cheese. Anyone do a head count? It doesn't seem like a crazy lot of people. . . so maybe two thingies of each? I am not sure the qualtities they come in as off and on base are two different things! Maybe an on base person can get a bottle of Margarita Mix (not available off base that I know of) Leftover food, for some reason, has not been a big problem (except the odd extra garlic and onions or processed stuff).

I'll bring my bag of tortillas and bell peppers as filler. I also have the odd pancake syrup and several stoves, some pots and utensils. I have extra plastic dishes so if people don't have their own, no worries there.

Jf. . . you are probably right . . . maybe bring 2 onions in case (for salsa) and I always prefer fresh to canned anything (though they aren't exactly jalapenos here. . . they are green and thin and hot. . . so good) and however many tomatoes (maybe 4 to 5 bigger ones or the equivalent smaller?) for salsa.
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Seorak Sender

Think two handles of tequila and two things of mix will be enough?
Unread 04-18-2013, 01:24 AM
peace

yeah. . . you bring that, Mike's got beer or the commoners. . . I'll do my best to ensure you're taken care of. . . unless you need dead animals. . . but other than that. . .
Unread 04-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Seorak Sender

SO hard to get a head count. I'm out of cheese at the moment, but I can bring some Amy's refried veggie beans and some torts. I've also got some Chipoltle Salsa, but not chips Sorry, I'm running low and am not able to get to Costco before the trip.

Don Whillans, to a Japanese party, while retreating off the north face of Eiger in a storm
Unread 04-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Seorak Sender

Oh, I can also bring some chicken, for those who eat dead animals. I'll do that. And, I'll bring a separate pan to keep it from contaminating the veggie deliciousness.

Don Whillans, to a Japanese party, while retreating off the north face of Eiger in a storm
Unread 04-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Seorak Sender

Bones- I like meat too, but how are you going to cook this stuff? i've kind of been wondering how you guys were going to prepare any of it actually. Do I need to pre-chop my onions and tomatoes?
Unread 04-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Seorak Sender

We've all got stoves and pots and pans. In particular, Sonia and I, both being strongly versed in Colorado car camping at crags, have lots of stuff. Just bring your ingredients and we'll figure it out.

CILANTRO. Can anyone get cilantro??