Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 03-21-2013, 02:08 PM
AFclimber

Spring 2013 meet and greet

Hey folks. A few of us have started talking about this springs meet and greet. Does anyone have any ideas on location and dates? I vote for the weekend of April 20th up at Ganhyeon. For those of you new to KOTR, you will have better luck getting in touch with climbers on our Facebook page, Korean Climbing Calender. Can't waitto see everyone again!!!

scott
Unread 03-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Seorak Sender

where and when spring M&G

Do we certainly want to go to ganhyeon? I have no real objections to it, but just wondering our options for another crag. the weekend of April 13th or April 20th works for me.
All I really care is I would rather do it before May.
Unread 03-21-2013, 03:50 PM
AFclimber

Nope. Just a suggestion. I'm open for other ideas. You guys know better than me. Where would you ge Leah?
Unread 03-21-2013, 06:03 PM
Seorak Sender

Usually Go Chang/Sununsan is the spring crag for the meet and greet. It's generally warmer than Ganhyeon in the spring (group has been going there in the fall) and has many more climbs. It's likely someone will start a vote in relation to dates. My opinion in the 20 of April is good.

Either way it will be fun!
Unread 03-21-2013, 11:07 PM
peace

April 20 os the start of the Garden Festival here in Suncheon, so it would be a good weekend to get away! I've had polls before, but lately so few people vote and most for multiple days. . . I'm with JP on Seonunsan for spring, though, as it's warmer, and in autumn you can swim at Ganhyeon.
Unread 03-22-2013, 10:55 AM
AFclimber

That sounds good to me. You know better than most of us. So, do we want to just go ahead and say Seonunsan?
Unread 03-22-2013, 11:36 PM
peace

So if you and I (and admittedly there was a general consensus from others here) just go and say "April 20, Seonunsan) and let people complain about that in this thread and consider any reasonable contraries. . . it's almost like having a poll (and I say this as someone who has gone through years of more "democracy" only to realize that most people were unaware of logistics, variety of accommodations and climbs at given areas . . . so we just stopped asking and started alternating Seonunsan and Ganhyeon. . . now with SOOO many climbers here, some anti-M&G and whatnot, I'm down with that! Should we just post it as an upcoming trip? These days we could probably get all relative food, accommodation, transport etc in the main thread? Maybe let this sit a few days and see of people are interested but for some reason this is not a good weekend? 4.20 seems cool to me. . . we are in Korea after all ^^
Unread 03-23-2013, 10:30 AM
AFclimber

I vote yes yes and yes!