Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 10-07-2007, 04:49 PM
peace

October 12-14

Do I head N? S? E? W? I am contemplating:

1) Busan
I need good photos and info on the main crags there, so I'd want to hit Geumjeongsan, Song-do. . . I'd be on public transport, and a place to stay (and gear-- though I can bring the latter) would almost since the deal. . .

2) Daedunsan
Near Jeonju, Gunsan, Daejeon, Cheongju and accessible from Seoul. . . I haven't been there in awhile. Best to spend at least one night there.

3) Gwangju
Need to get to Seonbi-bawi and back to Yaksa-am/Saein-bong for more info. . . kind-of a hike, but decent climbing, beautiful sunsets. . . we could stay in Gwangju, get a jjimjilbang or room depending on who was interested. I'd want to head in Friday and check on the gym there.

4) Gyerongsan
I need to get back here, to all the good rock for photos, route info, etc. I'd prefer to go woth someone who knows exactly how to get everywhere.

The more the merrier-- post if you're interested in one of these (or propose something different) . . .
Unread 10-08-2007, 02:38 PM
verticalcult

Sonia, I'd love to catch you again for a climb at Daedunsan or wherever....this weekend might be OK or might not. I really want to go up o Seoul for the last weekend of Oct (firm plan) as that may be the best chance I have to catch Corey, Kim Lee and Heidi...and I do miss them, you know. So if this weekend or next weekend you are definite on a place, I'll try and pop along. KA can't climb for a month, nor walk more than a few 100 metres yet, but said she'd be happy to come out and watch etc. There is a new area being developed at Gyeryongsan...mostly in the high end of grades (5.11 and up) but I am unsure on details and location yet. We'll check that out soon.
Thanks.
Unread 10-08-2007, 10:17 PM
peace

well, i'll be up for 5.11 in a few months. . . yeah, right. i'm going to seoul for halloween too-- though i am attending at least some of the kotesol conference that weekend (my school is paying for my trip and then some) . . . would love to climb sun?! how will everyone feel after sat, i don't know. as soon as i can "escape" sat i'll try to run up insubong and take some photos of kotrers rapelling off insu, and dave bouldering

is anyone free FRIDAY Oct 26 for a route? Dobong or Insu or something else?

oh, but this weekend. . . well, all the places mentioned have a bit of an approach, though ka could take her time getting there, and i doubt anyone would be in a rush. let me know what's up-- but definitely i am psyched to see corey and kimlee! i'm looking for crash space from thurs the 25th. . . throw my stuff down b/t the conference and climbing and some meetings. . . i can cook a veggie meal or two. . . i need about 1X2 meters. . .