Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 05-15-2005, 02:24 PM
Seorak Sender

Right now I am living with family friends teaching them english in Sinchon Rote. You guys anywhere near here? Where are some rocks that I can climb in Seoul or near Seoul? I am willing to take a bus down South. How much are pads? How much is it to climb at a gym? Where is a Skate Board shop?
Unread 05-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Seorak Sender

hi there i have just moved to seoul also and desperate to go bouldering also. i am looking for different groups to go off at weekends with for climbing. i am obbsessed with bouldering, i am here for 12 months so contact me. i have just bought a skateboard back home, not brought it with me but would love to learn so lets go buys some, i will keep looking. email [email protected]
Unread 05-15-2005, 10:47 PM
Seorak Sender

hey rocky folk, i have been here two weeks and icthing to go climb i have not had much outdoor lead climbing but i mainly do indoor. but i need the practice because i am going to do my SPA next year back in the uk. hope to here from you soon. i am looking to go off at weekends over night to spend weekend climbing. so hope to here from you guys

Unread 05-16-2005, 11:02 AM
climbergrrl

There is some bouldering on rocks near the camping area at Insubong. According to reports, it's pretty good. Although I have never been there myself, I have it on good authority from local and international climbers who are all much better climbers than myself. I am not sure exactly how to get there.

There are a number of indoor bouldering gyms. ACE climbing center (near Daerim St.), Son Jeong Joon's climbing center (near Oksu St., Eungbong outdoor wall - if you go there, someone can probably show you, it's really close), one in Jaeggi-dong and a new one near Jamsil (The Top) are all really great ones, and some of the bigger ones. Fees usually range from 60,000-70,000 won per month.

Don't know about pads. Sorry.

There is a good skateboard shop in Itaewon. It's called Tussa. It's on the opposite side of the street from the Hamilton Hotel, but at the end of the street near the entrance to Itaewon market (where that big arch is). It's on the second floor of the building. If you want to find a closer one, there is a good website called flateen.com, which tells a lot about skateboarding in Korea. If you go to Suwon (a city near Seoul), there are plenty of good skate shops and also some of the best parks in Korea, I think.

Also, a heads-up to everyone. The Asian X-Games are coming to Seoul! This is the first year that they've been held in Korea, or outside of Malaysia at all, I believe. There will be skateboarding, in-line skating, BMX, and of course, sport climbing and bouldering, from May 26-29th. Check it out at asianxgames.com for more info!

Cheers!
Heidi
Unread 05-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Seorak Sender

thanks thats was so helpful. if anyone is interested in doing some bouldering ect that would be great. i have not brought any of my things with me harness, shoes, rope etc so is there a club and we can hire or what. thanks again fro advice wicked, just want to go but next four weeks i am busy scuba diving. but anyone wants to hook up that would be great
Unread 05-16-2005, 02:52 PM
climbergrrl

Most gyms have shoes that you can borrow or rent. I don't know of any rental shops if you are heading outdoors. You can buy good shoes for pretty good prices at the climbing market in Dongdaemun, Seoul. (Get off the blue subway line at Jongno-5-ga, go out exits 5/6 and there are plenty of great shops within a half block radius.)

Don't know anything about scuba, but was looking into it once. If you need or want any more information, scubainkorea.com might be good. :)

D
Unread 05-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Seorak Sender

Thank you so much! if any of yalls wants to meet up my email is [email protected] . im starting this intership over at this travel agency but i really dont like it. but if you give me a day in advance i can most likely ditch that ****. haha. ummmm i might be going to the gyms and checking out which one i like the most. i also want go up to the park up north of seoul. ill c y a peeps around.
later
~~~choi~~~
Unread 05-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Seorak Sender

Hi there, I'm living with Hinkadinka girl and was just asking her about beginners courses for rock climbing. I've only had a go at climbing once and loved it but have no idea what I'm doing so need some lessons. Does anyone know of any courses in the Seoul area? Also, completely unrelated but it's always worth asking....anyone interested in kayaking and know of any places in the country? Would be great if anyone has any advice or ideas. Thanks
Unread 05-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Seorak Sender

Does anybody have any crash pads?
Unread 05-18-2005, 03:58 PM
climbergrrl

Littlebrady,

Hi! This Saturday (May 21st) I am going kayaking with a couple of friends on the Naerimcheon, a small river (stream?) near Inje. I am a beginner (only 2-3 times) but my friends are very experienced. Mr. Kim just became the captain of Korea's national kayaking team.

Anyway, including rentals, lessons and accomodations (but not food), it costs about 100,000 won a day (less after you become a memeber/no longer need lessons/rentals).

We will leave EARLY Saturday morning and stay at the clubhouse on Saturday night. My friends will probably kayak on Sunday as well, but I have to come back early. Transportation can probably be arranged.

Are you a very experienced kayaker? Korea has some great whitewater, (from the reports of my paddling acquaintances, some of whom are really good paddlers from the States - I wouldn't know).

If you are interested, let me know ASAP. You can call me at 016-9223-1369. Or, if this is too short of notice, hopefully you can join us later this summer. Take care!

Heidi

Also, in case anyone is interested, Chelsea is playing the Suwon Blue Wings at World Cup Stadium in Suwon THIS Friday (May 20th) at 7! Tickets are about 6,000 won. It should be a good game!