Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
View Poll Results: WHERE and WHEN do you wanna have an Autumn Meet and Greet?
Ganhyeon/간현 25 65.79%
Seonunsan/선운산 3 7.89%
Daegu/대구 8 21.05%
The Bull 1 2.63%
Other 1 2.63%
August 31-Sept 2 5 13.16%
Sept 7-Sept 9 6 15.79%
Sept 14-Sept 16 20 52.63%
Sept 21-Sept 23 (nb Chusek is Sun 23-Wed 26) 3 7.89%
Sept 28-Sept 30 17 44.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 07-31-2007, 06:09 PM
verticalcult

Auntumn M&G Location and Date Poll

OK funky folks, here is the poll on PLACE. Where do YOU want it? Dunno the places others are talking about? Look 'em up on the search climbs link thing and mull 'em over. Remember, no place (or date) will be perfect for everyone. But by contributing your voice we hope to satisfy as many as we can. BTW I'm not the boss dude, I have no veto powers or eveil influence, just putting this up there so you all can be empowered.
Unread 07-31-2007, 06:21 PM
verticalcult

Oh sorry dudes, by the way (BTW) you CAN vote for more than one choice, of course! All voting is viewable by public (KOTR members can see want YOU voted for). Take your time, though. The poll closes in 45 days, so you have all been given due notice...but we'll be flexible anyways Thanks for being part of the KOTR World Domination Project. Later and best. Jake.
Unread 07-31-2007, 08:07 PM
peace

Last year I was able to take the full week and two weekends (plus the F and M) for Chuseok. Though last Chuseok we started the mega-Gangwon-trip at Kanhyon. . . but still

the earlier Sept weekend also might allow for some swimming

meeting folks at the M&G whom we may later visit for Chuseok or make plans with for Chuseok would be nice

. . . just some thoughts!
Unread 08-06-2007, 05:24 PM
mastering the pull-up

Sonia, you were at Kanhyun for Chuseok last year? You must have left right before we got there. We went that Friday-Sun after we got back from Jeju and we only saw Julie and Pat and a few Koreans.

Also, for anyone who is scared of the crowds that often accumulate at Kanhyun, there weren't many there last Chuseok. So don't be afraid!
Unread 08-06-2007, 05:36 PM
peace

Goran, Mary, Mary's mom and I were there for Sat and Sun before the holiday, before heading to Seoraksan!
Unread 08-08-2007, 05:15 PM
pebble wrestler

outta curiosity, when will the date/place be set? deadlines?
Unread 08-08-2007, 07:30 PM
verticalcult

Well, as I said, we are trying to get as many responses as possible first . The poll closes on Sept 9th at 6.17pm...it's been up for a few days and Eric e-mailed everyone on KOTR about the M&G. The decision will be made shortly there after BASED ON WHAT MEMBERS WHO VOTED HAVE INDICATED AS THE MOST POPULAR CHOICE. So far 13 people have voted. I think we have something like 90 odd active members , so if you (or someone you know and can 'have a word with') haven't yet voted please do so asap. Also feel free to post any dates NOW that would be unworkable/ really bad (Base inspectoions/ exams/ weddings/ working weekends etc) . WE WILL TRY AND ACCOMMODATE EVERYONE - AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. I know many people say it's hard to make firm commitments and that you aren't sure what you will have on in the coming weeks, that's cool, but there are also a lot of folk who have other responsibilities and interests which need some measure of "in advance" co-ordination and so on. Weather might force a last minute totally unfair and undemocratic change in plans too...that's life, deal with it and plan for "the best" anyways. With no Eric to settle any differences (which he hated doing anyways) let's all try and be open-minded and as flexible with plans as possible. The poll is open so participate (vote for several dates/ places if your schedule lets you be so free) and offer useful ideas. Thanks for the interest shown so far guys.
Unread 08-09-2007, 08:14 PM
peace

Quote:
The poll closes on Sept 9th at 6.17pm..

hmmm. . . that sort of negates the Aug and early September options
Unread 08-10-2007, 01:13 PM
verticalcult

No, not really. If people want those dates and actually vote for them we can agree (if it's a clear majority thing). KOTR Polls are open a max of 45 days (just the program set up not anybody's deliberate choice) so that is what I went with. We can have a 2nd and 3rd poll etc if need be, or we can be sensible and accept the majority outcome and just climb/ eat/ meet/ drink. Tell all your friends VOTE VOTE VOTE!
Unread 08-10-2007, 02:14 PM
So many mountains, but only one life!

I could do Ganhyeon if T and I arrived in Daejeon beforehand. Getting back might be tricky, though.