Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 03-30-2011, 05:21 PM
peace

Meet and Greet ride thread.

So you plan to go to Seonunsan Easter weekend for the Meet and Greet? if you have a car, or plan to PT (public transport) it, post here to pick up other people or maybe join them on the way.

Not sure how to get there? post here for your options (be sure to tell where you are coming from and when you can leave). I'll head down from Jeonju Thursday PM. . . I can do some pick-ups at the bus station in Gochang on Friday, if there are some people coming in at a reasonable hour.
Unread 03-31-2011, 12:13 PM
Dude

I'm coming from Chuncheon, and right now it's unlikely that I'll have room in my car (plans are pending). However, I do need directions!
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Seorak Sender

I'm in Seoul, towards the east side -- on line 1, Hoegi Station. If anyone's interested in meeting up to get there by bus, let me know. I'll also need some directions, thanks!

Jason
Unread 04-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Seorak Sender

I'm coming from Mokpo and can leave early Friday morning. I'll be keen to meet up&travel together with others coming from Mokpo or Gwangju,so pls let me know!
How many hours by bus from Mokpo-Gwangju-Seoununsa? Is there a direct bus from Gwangju to Gochang/Seoununsa?
Unread 04-07-2011, 12:55 AM
peace

I'll move this info here:

Direct busses to Seonunsan run from Gwangju, Jeongeup and Gochang. Busses leave Gwangju for Seonunsa (the temple is Seoununsa. . . so the busses may be labled as such!) at 8:50, 10:20, 11:50, 1:15, 2:50 and 4:15.

From Jeong-eup it's 7:10, 11:00, 2:50 and 4:30. Busses head more frequently from both of these (and more) to Gochang, where busses leave to the park regularly.

Busses from Seoul Express Bus Terminal run to Gochang every 20-50 minutes from 7AM-7PM. Dongducheon people will probably go through Seoul. The train search wasn't working just this minute, but I think the trains from Seoul to jeongeup leave from Yongsan station. (There are no trains to Gochang, but if you arrive in Jeongeup and need a bus to Gochang, the station and terminal are not too far.

From Changwon there are just two busses a day (2:10 and 5:00) to Gwangju, but you can piece together busses if these aren't convenient (and I checked these online, so the info may not be 100%).

There are 31 trains to Jeong-eup from Seoul everyday-- they leave from Yongsan Station, though, so if you're coming from Seoul by train, seach from Yongsan (the train-search link is found on the left on KOTR). . . if you get the KTX, it's a little over 2 hours.

There are also busses from Nambu Terminal to Gochang, but you'd best call 02)1330 (Korea's free help-line in English) for exact times.
Unread 04-07-2011, 01:04 AM
peace

Will. . . so first, if you go to Chuncheon and get on 55 South. .. at Dongsan head on 86 (Seoul-Chuncheon Expressway) W to 100 S (86 meets 100 at Gangil) and stay on 100 SW until it meets 15. Take 15 all the way to Gochang and the Seonunsan signs. . . you could also take expressway 1 down to 25 when it (Hwy 1) crosses 100 (just before 15). . . it goes past Jeonju. . . get off at Jeongeup and take road 22 into Seonunsan (there are signs on the way). . .

I'll have my maps. . . so take my number and pull over and call on the way if there's trouble!
Unread 04-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Seorak Sender

@Jason - I'm down for meeting up and grabbing a bus down there. Friday night Sat morning? I'm on line 4, on the north side of Seoul/ But we could just have whomever is interested meet up at express bus terminal.

Patrick
Unread 04-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Seorak Sender

Hey Patrick,

Sounds good for meeting up. Florence (fpaquet) is also planning on meeting up. So as it gets closer we can decide on a time and then just meet up at the express bus terminal. I was planning on leaving Friday night, but in hindsight, I don't really know the plan of the M&G.

Sonia -- is there a rough agenda for the weekend?

Thanks,
Jason
Unread 04-08-2011, 01:02 PM
peace

Come early! There will be climbing all day, starting early Friday. Food and drink at night. Campfire (bring guitar, etc). . . more eating in the AM followed by more climbing. Nothing so much "organized" beyond these threads, but if you have a suggestion, put it here.

I think the busses stop running from Gochang about 8PM, but if you have a few people, you can get a taxi (I'm guessing about W25,000-- but maybe less), or if there is a sober driver, we might be able to do a later pick-up from Gochang.

Usually Sat I'll go to Mun Bawi with the new climbers and go over basics, etc. Jean has offered to show budding photographers the ropes-- he's really good with rigging, anchors, etc, so this is a great opportunity.
Unread 04-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Seorak Sender

Cool, I'll planning on coming Friday then. Thanks.

Do you know about how long it takes to get to Gochang from Seoul? Trying to figure out what time we'd have to leave on Friday to make it to Gochang in-time to catch the bus?