Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]

Unread 03-26-2013, 11:24 AM
AFclimber

2013 spring meet and greet ride/direction

Ok folks. This is my first trip down south but it sounds pretty easy. i am driving from the pyeongtaek area. I have a small car but can fit 3. I copied this from mountain project: Getting There
local busses run from Jeongeup and Gochang, the former on the rail line from Seoul, the latter on the bus line from Seoul's Inner-city terminal. Driving--there's a Seonunsan exit on Expressway 15, or road 22 from Gochang. . . plenty of signs all the way there. You can also check here for trains

http://www.korail.com/en/rv/pr21100/w_pr21110.jsp

If anyone else has easy to understand driving or public trans directions, please share. I plan on plugging Seonunsan park into my english GPS.
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:18 PM
peace

There's a Seonunsan exit on the expressway, and plenty of signs. I'll be coming from the south with room in the car. Also, extra tent space/sleeping bags, mats id anyone needs them.
Unread 03-30-2013, 09:42 AM
Taaaaaaake

There seems to be a direct bus from Gwangju's main terminal (U-square) to the Seonunsan temple. I had heard that it runs four times daily. If I get the chance I'll double-check the schedule at the station and update in this thread.
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Seorak Sender

We are two people coming from Seoul, anyone have space?
Unread 04-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Seorak Sender

Rides from Seoul

Hi all,
My better half and I would like to attend the M&G. What is the situation with possible rides from Seoul? Are interested parties using PM? We have all personal equipment, plus rope and extra belay devices, but only 2 draws, and no helmets. How much food and drink should we plan on also?^^
Unread 04-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Seorak Sender

Hey Friends,
I'll probably be taking the man van down for the weekend. I have a school event Friday afternoon, but will leave after that. I imagine I'll leave around 8 or 9, arrive by midnight or so. Would love to find someone who has a Korean driver's license to accompany me. For those who don't know the Man Van, it's got tons of room--comfortably fits six to seven climbers and gear. The more people, the cheaper all of our gas gets. I leave from Incheon, and then go south, so if you are from Seoul, you can just meet me on a line that goes in that direction...towards Pyeongtaek. Find me on FB if you can, since I'm there more often. https://www.facebook.com/henkelst

Don Whillans, to a Japanese party, while retreating off the north face of Eiger in a storm
Unread 04-07-2013, 07:55 PM
Seorak Sender

Ride

Hey Bones! Me and my bf are coming from Seoul and we would love to ride with you, while he doesn't have a Korean drivers license, he is Korean and can probably help in some ways!

I'll send you an FB invite, but my email is also [email protected] so you can find/ contact me!
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:03 PM
peace

I'll be coming from Suncheon Friday, so I'll pass through Gwangju. I was planning on going a little early, but if no one else is going to climb Friday, I don't mind waiting and maybe picking some Gwangju people up (preferably find some nice place not too far off the expressway^^)

And of course, I could bring y'all back, too.

and FYI Gwangjuites, there are direct busses from Gwangju's main bus terminal to Seonunsa (8:10, 9:20, 1:00, 3:20) that take about an hour and 40 minutes.

Last edited by skinsk : 04-11-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Unread 04-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Seorak Sender

So, after much back and forth, it looks like I could squeeze one more in the MV if anybody is still vying for a space. Sorry for ride confusion, I've not been as "on it" as I should be, traveling for work a bunch has made me kind of hectic. Anyway, if you can make it out to near highway 1, South of Seoul, we got room for one more.

Don Whillans, to a Japanese party, while retreating off the north face of Eiger in a storm
Unread 04-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Seorak Sender

Jesus. I mean, I now have three spots. People just bailed. I hate trying to figure out these logistics. I'm just trying to help folks out, but that's hard to do when nobody can make up their mind. I have four people in my van, room for seven. Email if I can help you out. [email protected] Sorry to those I didn't get back to...I felt obligated to the people who just bailed on me cause they wrote to me first, and now they've changed their minds.