Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

Unread 09-24-2010, 04:11 PM
velocity girl

SEOUL CLIMBING EXTRAVAGANZA AND RENDEZVOUS!!! SAT., OCT. 2nd!!!

be there!

'it doesn't have to be fun to be fun'. (alpinist heading up 'the south african' route in patagonia)
Unread 09-24-2010, 04:12 PM
velocity girl

SEOUL/GYEONGGIDO CLIMBERS' ROLL CALL! 10/2-3 rendezvous!!

hi everyone!

SEOUL CLIMBING EXTRAVAGANZA AND RENDEZVOUS!!! SAT., OCT. 2nd!!!

am just posting this thread here, because i'm not sure that everyone reads the initiatives threads at the bottom of the forums page. (although check it out if you haven't yet and you want to get more of an idea what might be involved with THIS rendezvous!)

{but for those of you who are too lazy to check those threads out , a very brief overview: basically, a few climbers here in korea recently started a kind of organization called 'KOTR INITIATIVES' . the purpose of this group is to aid and facilitate those climbers who want to give back to the climbing community by taking on 'initiatives' that help to improve crags, help protect climbers and the environment we climb in, foster positive relationships, etc... anyone who has ideas for an initiative activity or who simply wants to roll up their sleeves and get in on the helping action is welcome! people don't have to be members of kotr or foreigners to join. kotr initiatives has already joined forces with local korean climbing clubs to replace anchors/bolts, do crag maintenance, etc...}

if you've checked the initiatives thread, you may know that les and i were asked to be the seoul and gyeonggido reps. please chat with us/send us pms, etc... if you would like to get involved and/or have ideas for initiatives that we can help you with. we've been chatting with a few climbers and have some ideas for initiatives that can be done in the seoul/gyeonggido region, and we'd like to hear more ideas and get more peeps involved too.

SOOOOOO we're having a climbing/brainstorming sesh NEXT WEEKEND (10/2-3) to brainstorm more ideas for initiatives and especially to help implement ONE HUGE AND AWESOME initiative that a number of people have contributed great ideas toward and which will be taking place in seoul at the beginning of december (more info on that initiative at the meeting and in forums later on, just keep december 4th open on your calendar, you won't regret it! ). but contact us or come and hang out this weekend if you think you may want to get involved. there will be climbers going out and cranking during the day saturday and sunday (various locales, to be announced later in this thread if people want to join in) and a bunch of us will be meeting for dinner (we are thinking of meeting at hyehwa st./혜화역, line 4) around 6:30. (again, location to be announced soon).

we will meet to brainstorm regarding initiatives at 8:00 p.m. (in hyehwa/혜화) on saturday night.

all seoul/gyeonggido climbers (and others too, again, you don't have to be a kotr member or a foreigner to join!) are invited! if you have ideas for where/when you want to climb or eat/meet next weekend. hope to see you all come out!

'it doesn't have to be fun to be fun'. (alpinist heading up 'the south african' route in patagonia)
Unread 09-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Halla Hanger

Nice! Weather/group size depending, could hit up surisan, indoor walls, outdoor plastic, boulders.... oh too many options. Could even do a Saturday at Ganhyeon with an early evening dept back to Seoul. Maybe save it for Sunday. BTW this isnt a meet n greet or even in lieu of a meet n greet! just climbers getting together to climb/meet/greet/discuss ideas with which to raise boatloads of cash to make climbing better/safer for all.
Unread 09-26-2010, 10:21 PM
peace

Dee,

Anyway us remote reps might join in via skype or something? (This week I will try to load skype on my iPod.)
Unread 09-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Danielle: peek-a-boo anticipation

I'll be hiking in Surisan with Sunny but I'll be there in spirit!
I very much want to be a part of fundraising initiatives. I can make food and sing songs...
Lets speak on Thursday morning in the MAD GYM.
Unread 09-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Dude

I'm in Hyehwa right now for EPIK training this week. Are there any gyms near here?
Unread 09-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Spandexed Sportclimber

I'm stoked on meeting for the dinner!

@wheelis, check out the "search climbs" function and you'll be very satisfied with the results
Unread 09-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Jiri Jammer

I'm excited for dinner and climbing this weekend. I can't wait to start planning the big event in December!!! I'll see you guys there.

As for climbing gyms near Hyewha I'd recommend Art (jongno-5-ga)
If you're looking to rope up... the North Face Gym is close too. (suyu?)

I'll be at Art tomorrow with a couple folks if you'd like to join us. Send me a PM if you're interested.
Unread 09-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Jiri Jammer

Im in
Unread 09-29-2010, 12:18 AM
Seorak Sender

you guys have the worst timing, ever!!! lol. my mom's in town. :L

have fun.

-Van