Artificial Walls
Artificial Wall Photos
User Links
Today's Posts
Korea Links
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

View Poll Results: When do you want Fall M&G 2009?
Aug 28-30 2 3.57%
Sept 4-6 3 5.36%
Sept 11-13 3 5.36%
Sept 18-20 7 12.50%
Sept 25-27 7 12.50%
Oct 2-4 14 25.00%
Oct 9-11 12 21.43%
Oct 16-18 28 50.00%
Oct 23-25 8 14.29%
Oct 30- Nov 1st 6 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Voting Poll: Dates for Autumn 2009 Meet and Greet.

It's time to get this one going. Meet and Greet time for the Autumn (Fall) is ahead and we wanna know when you want to have it, so look at your diaries and schedules and see what works. YOU CAN VOTE FOR MORE THAN ONE CHOICE, but remember we don't control the weather (though why on Earth not I don't know, really I don't), and no weekend will work for everyone. Most votes wins thing. Please VOTE and ask all your KOTR mates to VOTE also. Later there will be polls and such on transport to the M&G, accommodation (tent sharing/ min-bak splitting etc) and food & drink logistics. For now just keep it to the when you want the M&G (Fri-Sun).
quem deus perdere vult, primus dementat
Unread 08-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Jiri Jammer
hey jake,

any weekend is good for me
Unread 08-23-2009, 10:36 PM
Currently a "Gyeongsonian"

Since the MG's always seem to bring a pretty large crowd, should holiday weekends be removed from the list? Just seems like holiday weeekends are when traffic, accomodation and the climbing in Korea is a nightmare for crowds, anyway. Think Ganhyeon on a Saturday at Chuseok, then smile and laugh at the 8 hr bus ride home on Sunday to Anywhere in Korea...haha!
Not complaining, just an idea, thanks for all the efforts as always.

Unread 08-24-2009, 12:07 AM
Jiri Jammer
hey jake how was your holiday? i'm down for any weekend aswell
Unread 08-24-2009, 06:10 AM
Jiri Jammer
Heeyyyy!!! I hope that you had an AMAZING vacation
Unread 08-24-2009, 09:05 AM
tinker bell
I vote for the 2-4 but thats just cause Rick and I, are flying in from Japan on the 30th of sept and we think it would be nice to see some of our old freinds and meet a lot of the new people that have joined KOTR sense we left. I know it's the holiday weekend and all but it is the only weekend we will be around.
Unread 08-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Aggressive Sheep
what he said....
Electrolytes...it's what plants crave!
Unread 08-24-2009, 06:04 PM
In answer:
Yeah F. Ken oath we had a good trip! The climbing in Chiang Mai at Crazy Horse is superb! The climbing at Tonsai/ Railay/ Krabi was wicked and CatBa and Halong Bay in Vietnam was to die for. If you haven't climbed at any of these places....go and do it. Ex-KOTRers Ryan and Boom are in Chiang Mai and a super cool pair they are. Ex-KOTRer Snorelion (상인) is in Bangkok/ Tonsai and is likewise an awesome climber, friend and human. In Halong Bay you have Matt Raue ex-KOTR and a very chill crew living in heaven on Earth at SloPony. No excuses.
But this thread s about the M&G and when. Bryan is right, the holidays are a nightmare for travel, I just threw out the 10 weekends that were in Autumn and figured people would sort out the logistics of weekends themselves. Rick and Mike, I can guarantee we will be climbing and with a mob of not less than 14 peoples when you are here. If it's not the M&G, it might just be even better and (maybe) bigger! We've had odd weekends where inexplicably and without planning nigh 20 odd KOTRers found themselves together at a crag for a weekend. It's all good.
I haven't voted yet only because I am not sure of MY schedule and uni dates like MT which cost me 2 M&Gs in recent years but I will be voting asap (next week at the latest).
For newbies, PLEASE don't be shy about voting. Typically M&G is Fri till Sunday and people just show up when they can and leave when they must. This M&G is scheduled to be held at Ganhyeon so there are plenty of beginners routes and lots of camping/ min-bak options as well as a river to cool off in. Getting there is pretty easy from Seoul, Daegu, Daejeon, Suwon, Osan, Sokcho, Incheon, Cheonan, Cheonju...and a long haul from Busan, Ulsan, Yeosu, Gwangju and Mokpo. A share a ride/ lift thread will be set up later to help those without a car or much experience in using Korean public transport. I'll also be checking on the state of the Ganhyeon camp grounds as it was shabby and under repair last I saw (2 months back). Also if you have a Korean climbing buddy, please encourage them to join in. If you have an extra rope, shoes, harness or helmet, be an angel and bring it along too. Many thanks and best to you all.
quem deus perdere vult, primus dementat
Unread 08-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Snow Leopard
Hopefully I'll be able to make this one. Still, no promises.

Mid-October suits me best. All of September is impossible. I have inlaw obligations for the Chuseok holiday weekend in October, plus a trip to some of the sacred mountains at that time (since Gaecheon-jeol/개천절 falls on the same day as Chuseok this year - an odd rarity for the lunar calendar!). I dig me some Halloween, so I'll likely be doing a Halloween party on that weekend.
I go into the forest because that is the last place where man is not in charge.
- Grey Owl
Unread 08-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Like a sunday morning here...... What Bryan says about vacations though. Waiting in traffic makes me a sad panda.