Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

Unread 10-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Seorak Sender

Korea Bouldering

Can anyone recommend a few destinations for the best bouldering in Korea? Somewhere with camping and a decent variety of easy boulders would be great. My gym owner said there is no bouldering here but obviously there must be some

I don't have many friends capable of climbing all day so I wanna do some bouldering instead. Thanks
Unread 10-07-2011, 11:41 AM
climbing the grid

your gym owner said there was no bouldering? I'd say change gyms... there's bouldering all over the place; click on "seach climbs"
Unread 10-09-2011, 02:18 PM
send train

there are probably close to 30 unlisted but developed areas around the country that you can't find on this site. many of the bouderers don't frequent this site. what city are you in? seoul even has some famous korean climbers starting to develop new areas. most people have been too busy climbing to write guidebooks or post areas online. maybe someone will jump in and take on the challenge one day.
Unread 10-09-2011, 02:36 PM
send train

sorry, just read the part about no friends who can go climbing all day so you may boulder instead. this makes it sound like you're going on your own. it's possible in a few areas, but many of the areas have bad landings or are highball. concentrations of easy problems are also hard to find. Things tend to get more interesting at the V5 and up range, but there are a few exceptions to that.

your best bet is find rock close to you. there is no excuse for not finding bouldering in this country. the people in the gyms here have serious blinders on if they don't know of any boulders. you would have to be mildly retarded not to find any. just check google earth or even better, Daum maps, and do a bit of hiking. There is probably something within an hour of where you live. i'm sure the best places have yet to be discovered.

depending on what part of the country you live in. the bouldering is usually better than the lame manufactured sport climbing here. there is also a lot of trad. tons of unopened lines exist for those who possess a deep hatred of crowds and people, but a genuine appreciation for rock.
Unread 10-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Hey y'all.

I'm definitely up for boulder finding explorations. I'm free on the weekends, no gear besides shoes but I'm a good spotter
Unread 10-21-2011, 08:32 PM
In Busan Randomly for Work

When in town

I'm going to be traveling here a lot for work, so on weekends and in the evenings I want to get climbing again. I have shoes/harness/belay device. Will post when I figure out the next time I'll be in town