Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Closed Thread
Unread 09-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Radio

QtipsQ, it only makes you tingle because you know all this is your fault.

Here's my idea, that I believe fulfills the requirements of the title "Meet and Greet." We should hold a KOTR speed dating night. Stay with me, I'm serious. We all go around in big circle, introduce ourselves and tell the person about our climbing experiences, preferences, goals and any other interesting gambits we may like to expose to another. Then after 2-3 minutes we move onto the next person.

So, for example, I could tell you all about my experiences in the Himalaya, how I was first placed foreigner in the Gangwondo speed climbing competition and how I once free-soloed the Eiger and based jumped off the top using my scrotum as a wing suit. Choss Monkey could tell you about how he found a few boulders in Busan and gave them funny names, and QtipsQ could tell you about... errr...

Then we can all get drunk and be merry, knowing who likes what and who we need to seek out later in the night or at a later date in order to fulfill whatever climbing fetish it is we so desire.
Unread 09-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Jiri Jammer

Andy, You're a legend!
Unread 09-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Former Action Guy

Ok, I'll try to be nice.
Unread 09-16-2010, 11:36 PM
peace

Thanks for the PMs!! Discussion over drinks (after/and/or) climbing is a must^^ But not too much, of course! Though maybe not during the. . .

I did get the impression some (well, at least one) person felt calling something a Meet and Greet tied him to any behavior therein. . . so I was going to propose the gathering of foreign climbers formerly known as "Meet and Greet" be called this. Albeit with the blue/red yin/yang in the center^^
Unread 09-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Jiri Jammer

Friction equals burning

Frictions and tensions caused by Moi..!!

Hmmm....as to point out "**** Happens" sometimes in the morning and sometimes in the evening, depending on my digestive system and such...

But in all cases it happens...If you eat food, it has to come out the other end, it's a basic fact of nature.

So, that day "**** also happened" There were a few reasons for this.

1) I had a big Breakfast
2) As pointed by the beautiful people on this form. There were 60 or so people crowded around a crag, screaming and listening to Death Metal Rock Music while having a mosh pit. (not the best belaying conditions)

3) People were screaming into my ear. (Shhhhhhhit your tent is blowing away)

4) Someone was stepping on my toes ( one of those 70 people)

5) Andy was posing naked in front of me with his junk hanging out..(That is an oober distraction)

and all this lead to...

Craig falling like 15 meters, and rolling like a sack of potatoes off the rock and then being caught by me at the nick of time. He was bruised and a little battered but, thank god nothing too serious happened.. Him and I became the bestest buddies ever and Craig was enlightened at the predicament of how fragile this life is.

On a serious note, big crowds do lead to terrible belaying conditions, too many distractions, too many people talking. I have learned my lesson and don't talk to anyone while I am belaying someone on a lead climb. You have there life on your hands. As much as I have loved the meet and greets, I will agree with the peeps who want to go dance their *** of at a night club, instead of joining 70 people at a crag from which more than half will be newbies (like how I was). So..I say let's go party in Seoul and than find a crag to our liking, instead of this big shin dig that everyone is all up in arms about.
Unread 09-17-2010, 09:05 AM
Jiri Jammer

man Andy, two thumbs up for being a douche and totally screwing my image on these forms...
Unread 09-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Radio

I wasn't talking about your belaying technique, I was talking about the other thing, you know, the "OTHER" thing...

Anyway, that picture totally screws your image on these forums (I presume that's what you meant when you said forms... dribble.)
Unread 09-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Jiri Jammer

What other thing...?

Our gay relationship that was established at one of these meet and greets and how the Koreans were all offended by what our definition of " keep it tight" was!! or was it the definition of "You got me" that you are talking about. I am so confused...

Also at this speed dating thing, will you tell the other person how you turn into a shriveled up baby's penis when you have to lead anything harder than 10b? or will that fact be left out.
Unread 09-17-2010, 11:33 AM
hmmm

I love Andy and Qasim
Unread 09-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Radio

No, because I'm sure everybody is fully aware of that relationship and not in the slightest bit interested. I'm talking about what you did in the sacred cave halfway up Jang gun bong... I will never forget the look on that monks face.

I will be informing people I get scared on 10bs, when YOU are belaying, yes.

Anyway, QtipsQ, that was a serious suggestion I made, no need for you to jump on it and make fun of it.

intoutdoor, you can't love us both, it's one or the other.