Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

Unread 10-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Seorak Sender

New to Korea, looking for committed partners in SEOUL

Heya!!!

I am new to this sight and wanted to introduce myself!!
I am moving to Seoul South Korea from Canada in a couple weeks to teach English and I am really interested in finding partners to climb with indoor/ outdoor/ bouldering/ sport/ or trad- I love it all (although I haven't led to much trad to call myself experienced).

I have been climbing for about three years and I would put myself in that category of totally obsessed and willing to commit as much time as possible to climbing.

I'll be living in Seocho-dong, Seocho-gu and from what I researched so far it seems like the closest gym to me is up by Oksu station but Im willing to travel especially on weekends for outdoor climbing.

If anyone wants to climb let me know. Super stoked to be in Korea soon!!! Thanks for the read!!!!

Samantha
Unread 10-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Rope Byrne

Seocho Area

Seocho is not too far from Gwanaksan. I think it's about 20 minutes by subway and then a 20 minute hike. There are piles of gyms around though most of them occupy one floor of a building so they are only about 3 meters high. For example, I live in Pyeongchon and I have found 3 climbing gyms and two outdoor walls in my area. You may have to do some asking around but there are lots of little gyms around.

Welcome to Korea fellow Canuck!

Paul
Unread 10-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Seorak Sender

Hey I've just moved up to just outside of Seoul, about 45 minutes from Gangnam (which I think is nearby you)...but I am always willing to climb! I used to live in a really small city in the South so didn't get much done, but since going home I am totally hooked again!!

If you ever want to climb/boulder anywhere in Seoul or around I am always up for it! I have draws but no rope! :-(

My cell phone is 010 5512 1985. Feel free to add me on Facebook. Sara-Jayne Martin!
Unread 10-15-2010, 05:39 PM
pizzle nizzle

Hey there!

I'll be in Seoul saturday afternoon/sunday. If I get in town early enough on saturday I'll be climbing then and also on sunday. I usually go to K2 (indoor gym) or the ttukseom resort wall. If you'd like to meet up and climb on a rope holler at me or leave a message so I know to bring my gear, otherwise ill just go bouldering.

Unread 10-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Rope Byrne

If any of you guys climb on weekdays I'd love to join up. I am pretty new to the sport but I've got a rope, harness, shoes, etc. and would love to learn from others.

Paul
Unread 10-16-2010, 01:14 AM
Seorak Sender

hey paul,
i'm a regular at k2, and you should join us. for climbing outside, yeah, we do that, too. i usually meet up with my peeps in the morning at the gym or to the tukseom wall. for nights, i go to k2 or tukseom on weds. feel free to join us.^^

also, guys, i think some of us are heading to gahnyeon next sat. get one more in b4 it's freezing cold, i guess.

cheers,
van doan
Unread 10-16-2010, 02:23 AM
Seorak Sender

Hey P_Freeman,

Im still in Canada right now, waiting for my visa interview next tuesday soo needless to say I wont be in Seoul Saturday afternoon lol. Hopefully Ill be around next weekend. Crossing my fingers.....

By the way do you guys suggest I bring my own rope/ draws is it expensive to buy one there....
Unread 10-16-2010, 02:46 AM
Seorak Sender

if you could, you should. the price of gear here is a lot more. :L
Unread 10-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Rope Byrne

What time do you guys hit the gym in the mornings or the resort place? I am definitely interested.

I second the note on equipment with a big star next to rope prices.
Unread 10-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Seorak Sender

So my flight is officially booked, I leave on the 26th. I checked out K2, seems like a solid gym and its not to far from me so hopefully I'll meet some of you soon!!!