Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Community > Site Suggestions & Feedback

Unread 06-02-2004, 01:23 PM
☆★☆★☆★☆★

In order to limit the number of emails you receive notifying you of an update in a forum topic you have participated in, I have edited my scripts. You will only receive one email about an update until you view the thread. After you view the thread you will receive another email only if there is an update. Clear as mud?

So if you are receiving email notifications and you shouldn't be, let me know. If you are not receiving an email and you should be please let me know so I can make the proper changes.

These things are very hard to test on my own so I appreciate your help and patience!

See You On The Rocks,
Eric
Unread 10-29-2004, 10:59 PM
Halla Hanger

Eric I still think and instand chat function for members online and guest would be helpful. I noticed that 4 members were on line and a couple of guest, a lot for one time. Especially when trying to co-ordinate last minute items??? I don't know just a thought. peace
Unread 10-29-2004, 11:18 PM
☆★☆★☆★☆★

4 MEMBERS AND A COUPLE OF GUESTS AT ONE TIME!?!?!?!?
I never knew this site had so much traffic. LOL ;)

Anyway, i hear what you are saying, antepater. Actually I have taken a lot of your great advice in the past and either built it into the site or thought about it a lot.

So I have good news and bad news. The Good News is: Korea On The Rocks will undergo a major change before the new year. The Bad News is that: I know you are leaving around that time and you will not be able to reap the benefits.

So, given that the weather turns brutally cold by November and I have a solid month and a half to work on KOTR, you will be seeing some major changes. Here is a sneak preview of what's to come:

1. I will be integrating a "proper" forum onto the site. I didn't realize that this would be the most active part of the site so I would like to include the more advanced features of some of the professional forums out there, including Chat functions!

2. If you submitted it, you can edit it. A few of the things like Links and Gyms are UNeditable at this point. In the future you will be able to edit anything you submit, save for pictures.

3. Other things include a Climbing Calendar, an advanced Personal Messaging system and more advanced search functions for photos or climbing areas.

If anyone has any other ideas, now is the time to let me know. If you miss this opportunity it might be a while before I can include your idea on the site.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Eric
Unread 10-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Halla Hanger

Man That's some cool shiz, nit. I am sad that I won't get to reap the total benefits of the new and improved KOTR. How ever I will probably still site drop now and then just because I am a bumm. I also try and send more traffic towards the site after I get home on some other climbers sites that I know.
I can't wait to check it out. peace