Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 10-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Halla Hanger

Talking Seonunsan October 24-25

Fall in Korea is splendid, and 선운산 (Seonunsan) is perhaps one of the richest climbing locales with its fall colors, beautiful hikes, and of course great climbing! Some of us will be venturing there this coming weekend to send, stay at the local jimjilbangs in 고창 (Gochang), and do a bit of slacklining! There are minbaks a plenty as well as free camping, and jimjillbangs a short distance by bus to the nearest town.
The link for the crag here on KOTR is:

http://www.koreaontherocks.com/climb...rt%3Dname %26

Directions are pretty straight forward on this link and Korea's cell phone coverage is freakishly amazing; so if you get lost, you can call
me at
#010-2891-3430

Hope to see you out there
Unread 10-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Bogue

Direct from Gwangju

I will be heading out Saturday morning on the 7:50 direct bus from Gwangju! Looking forward to getting back to this beautiful and amazing place!
Unread 10-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Seorak Sender

Seonunsan from Seoul

I will be headed there on Saturday morning from Express Bus Terminal on line 7 and 3 south of the river. You have to go towards the Honam line (??) when you exit the subway, I believe. Buses leave hourly for about 13 000 won to Gochang. At Gochang you change to the bus to Seonunsan which is 2000 and about fifteen minutes. If you would like to go with me, I will be getting to the station around 7:00, 7:30. I highly recommend Seonunsan if you haven't been in awhile or haven't been at all! Let me know if you want to me up at the station...
Unread 10-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Seorak Sender

I forgot to mention, this is Deirdre. Feel free to call me at 010-8697-6373 if you have any questions or whatever. Have a lovely day!
Unread 10-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Jiri Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival
I will be headed there on Saturday morning from Express Bus Terminal on line 7 and 3 south of the river. You have to go towards the Honam line (??) when you exit the subway, I believe. Buses leave hourly for about 13 000 won to Gochang. At Gochang you change to the bus to Seonunsan which is 2000 and about fifteen minutes. If you would like to go with me, I will be getting to the station around 7:00, 7:30. I highly recommend Seonunsan if you haven't been in awhile or haven't been at all! Let me know if you want to me up at the station...

I might tag along with you. You're leaving from Seoul right?
Unread 10-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Halla Hanger

Have a great weekend out there! There is a jimjilbang just down from the campground, but i think it closes at 6 or 7. Just to let you know. Its on the row of big buildings decked with neon, i also think theres a fake waterfall right in front.
Unread 10-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Seorak Sender

yep! Leaving from Express Bus Terminal early in the morning. Give me a call if you need to, but we can meet up there in the central area. Shoot for 7:30!
Unread 10-23-2009, 01:44 PM
No User Title in use

Can anyone tell me how I can find out exactly when busses to the park leave from Jeoneup train station? Cause I'm not going to repeat the marathon of busses and transfers that I did last time I went to Seonunsan.
Unread 10-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Jiri Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival
yep! Leaving from Express Bus Terminal early in the morning. Give me a call if you need to, but we can meet up there in the central area. Shoot for 7:30!

I'll be there at 7:30, then. Can we expect anyone else?
Unread 10-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Halla Hanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Harrison
Can anyone tell me how I can find out exactly when busses to the park leave from Jeoneup train station? Cause I'm not going to repeat the marathon of busses and transfers that I did last time I went to Seonunsan.

Wes, From the Jeongeup BUS station to Gochang bus terminal busses leave every 10-20 minutes starting at 6:20am and ending at 9:00pm. Unfortunately, online I could not find busses that go straight to Seonunsan, although they usually exist. From Gochang there are busses that run to Seonunsan on the hour and a half (I believe!).