Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Community > General Chat

View Poll Results: What size and Colour(s) would be good for you?
Size 90 4 14.29%
Size 95 8 28.57%
Size 100 9 32.14%
Size 105 4 14.29%
Size 110 4 14.29%
Greenish/ Khaki/ Olive 7 25.00%
Reddish/ Rust/ Burgundy 13 46.43%
Yellowish/ Ochre/ Tan 5 17.86%
Black/ Navy/ Dark Grey 7 25.00%
White/ Cream/ Pale Grey 1 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 07-08-2009, 01:36 AM
verticalcult

Yeah I know how everyone feels (my design choice didn't make the cut either), so maybe I can help out here by clarifying a few points (hopefully without offending anyone, or stepping on any toes), as Eric (founder of KOTR) and I did the 1st 2 lots of Tee designs, production and distribution. Not saying I know it all, but "I have been there (twice) and I've done that."

I really agree with Ty - It is KOREA on the rocks, and I'd like some Korean on the shirt myself. Funnily enough I've heard other KOTRers say something along the lines of "well I'm not into that ultra-nationalistic crap, so you can leave off any Korean flags or writing - we aren't Korean, we are international." Might sound weird, but all points are valid.

To make a run of shirts (of any one design) we need to order a minimum of 20. Less than half that number of folks have actually bothered to comment or vote - this makes it really hard and unfair on Matt (et. al.) to make a call on design or colour etc. It's not Matt's fault if the design isn't representative of what KOTRers really want, it's all our fault for not participating and voting/ submitting. Endless stalemates lead to no production...especially when it's amongst the passionate few (just like you who are actually reading this diatribe) who bothered to contribute (and no offense to you all, but we kinda need deadlines and the Tee thread was set up by Brandon back in May!)

Furthermore, and largely unthought of most, to get the printers to make the Tees (of any design) money for the entire run needs be paid upfront - WHO BY? YOU? MATT? It's a sad fact but both times in the past when people asked for shirts and swore black and blue that they'd buy the design shown, enough bailed at buy-time that Eric and I got stuck with a bunch of shirts no-one wanted but that WE had already had to pay for. No fun I assure you. Hence we put up polls (well Matt did) asking people to commit to buy (and pay upfront) and so very few people actually did.
This is the flip side of the best thing about KOTR - OUR OPEN SOCIETY: we have no fees, no president, no Lords or Queens (although Kev in drag is pretty close) and no one to dictate anything to us. And I think most if not all of us love it this way - I do! It just means that when decisions need be made or an idea followed through on that concerns more than just a few close buddies...well it gets really sloppy and looses steam. Not good, but not bad - just the way it is.

So even if you don't like a proposal, try and remember how hard it is for others to even try and make such things happen in KOTR. Be critical, by all means, but throw out some solutions and offers of help etc while you are at it. As it is, it looks increasingly as though there will be no Tees being made - unless we scribble our own designs with marker pens on a Tee we have hidden in the bottom of our closet. Again this isn't an attack on anyone, but a defense of Matt and those few who voted.
Unread 07-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Good vibrations

Easy enough to get some korean on there. If you want something more representative of korea, I can replace the escalator dude on the back with a mini korean flag or something, no worries.
Unread 07-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Halla Hanger

Matt- Brandon,
If you make a shirt- I will buy it. If it has unicorns, rainbows, leprechauns, climbers, Andy striking yoga poses, korean print and purple- then I will love it. But if it doesn't I'll still buy it, and love it. Thank you and Brandon so much for pouring your time and stress into this- we really do appreciate it, even if we sometimes have a weird way of showing it!!
Unread 07-08-2009, 01:12 PM
crimber

shirt

ill buy a shirt no matter what's on it...i do hope something pertaining to korea ends up on it somewhere. AND i'd like to thank all those who have put so much effort into it!
Unread 07-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Good vibrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesCullen23
Matt- Brandon,
If you make a shirt- I will buy it. If it has unicorns, rainbows, leprechauns, climbers, Andy striking yoga poses, korean print and purple- then I will love it. But if it doesn't I'll still buy it, and love it. Thank you and Brandon so much for pouring your time and stress into this- we really do appreciate it, even if we sometimes have a weird way of showing it!!

What if I make KOTR man-panties?
Unread 07-09-2009, 05:20 AM
peace

ok. . .I voted. . . and I always buy 1 or 2 or 6. . . hey, they make wondeful gifts!! I like Charles' idea
Quote:
unicorns, rainbows, leprechauns, climbers, Andy striking yoga poses, korean print and purple-
except i am not sure who Andy is and if i want him doing yoga poses on my shirt. . . oh, and do you accept Euro? and can you include some kim (laver) or should I send you my Woori card and info?
Unread 07-09-2009, 02:32 PM
tinker bell

how exactly does one of us KOTR expats get one of these shirts?
Unread 07-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Good vibrations

Once we can secure enough interest, we will figure out how much the batch will cost per shirt, and then we will collect a pre-order payment from interested members. Once that occurs, the shirts will be made, and once made, will be distributed.
Unread 07-09-2009, 05:37 PM
verticalcult

Hey Ex-pat KOTRers (ie those no longer within the ROK realm), fear not, if you want a new KOTR Tee, we'll get one to you asap (once made). So dear Sonia, Mike, Ricardo, Eric, Karen, Mae-lin, Yoon-ju, Joe et al, you can still get a tee.
Oh and how about one for Dave (he's just coming out of his coma and starting therapy soon - great present for him I think)...Just let us know your size and colour preferences. Then we'll get you a bank acct (except Dave and Eric and Karen who are exempt from payments - Eric and Karen are KOTR's founders and pay the KOTR web hosting out of their own pocket every year!)
Please be patient, we are all trying to amke this happen to the satisfaction of 'all'. Thanks everyone for your ideas and voting etc.
Unread 07-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Rock Lobster

Phew... sorry, been a bit awol lately. I just want to clarify something. Matt deserves 90% of the credit here. All I did was put up the first post. Props to Jake, as well, for his sensible verbal contributions and also for tracking down a good printer in the first place (props also to KA on that one). Matt, however, has gone beyond the pale with this one. Well done.