Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 04-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Seorak Sender

Another Cheonanite looking to climb

Hello peeps, I've just found myself living in Cheonan - teaching in one of the howgans here. Wondering if there's anyone else out there who's living in Cheonan and looking to climb...? (I'm in Beuldang-dong.) I hear there's a gym in Taejosan - anyone go there once in a while? Also, if there's any bouldering around here as well - explored some of the 'mountains' in the immediate area but haven't really had a chance to find anything worth chalking up for yet.
Thanks all, cheers.
Unread 04-26-2007, 09:36 PM
peace

Cant say Byeoncheonam near you looks good. . . but for an afternoon, maybe? there's a few folks in SW Geonggi not so far from you. . . and more rocks worth a "day trip" to check out. . . some fairly accessible by public transport; so better to have a car or share a taxi. . .That gym in town looks nice, though, If you go there, the locals can probably tip you off or take you out!
Unread 04-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Seorak Sender

thanks for the advice mate, i've no real concept yet of the surrounding area. but yeh, the gym in taejosan is looking promising, for now anyway. i'll be keeping an eye open on the board here too for when i get some time to travel. i've brought all my lead climbing gear out here with me too.
cheers...
Unread 04-26-2007, 10:59 PM
peace

well, why wait?! mary waited, what, a week? to hit the rock. . . you can hop the #501 train in Cheonan Sat at 07:56 (though tickets might sell out?) and be in Jeonju by 10:15. . . can we assume you at least have the weekend free?

just a thought, since you brought all that gear, and sooner than later getting out is better!
Unread 04-27-2007, 11:13 AM
Seorak Sender

i hear that... and yep, weekends are free. would love to come out to jeonju! i may have some stuff to deal with this weekend (the boss is not the most competent fellow in the country) but i'll drop you a line if i can make it out this sunday.
cheers!
Unread 05-14-2007, 11:48 PM
verticalcult

Durachok mate the Taejosan gym is sweet. We hit it a week or so back on a Sunday when it was officially closed but via a Korean climber buddy...he he he we had it to ourselves. The roof is great and the bouldering in there at all levels. I guess you must have tried it by now, but if we are heading up there again (especially look out for us cruising up on rainy weekends) we'll pm you ahead of time, in case you wanna join in. The outside wall at Ansan (near to Cheonan) is apparently decent too...looking it over tomorrow afternoon. And you might even think of catching a lift with someone (ie Me or Eric) from Daejeon (easy bus/train ride) if there is action happening at Halmae/ Seonunsan etc. OK hope you have been on the rock and sweet.
Jake
Unread 05-22-2007, 02:16 AM
Seorak Sender

sadly i have yet to make it out to the taejosan gym, but i managed to find a few underused bouldering crags in the park, near some hidden-away budhist temples in the park. i'm heading over to mr. kim's sport climbing gym (supposedly in existence at Shinbang Hyundai Plaza or something) tuesday morning. going to try and hit either there or taejosan on thursday (the holiday).

and i would LOVE to go climbing with you guys at Asan or wherever. my crew out here isn't the climbing type and i'd love to meet some of you kotr characters too... give me a holler if you're heading out to a gym/outdoor crag.

i'm also 90% going to seoraksan park this weekend (may 26-27) for some sport climbing at Ahgulbawi - come out if you've not got plans already for that weekend.

my mobile - 010 6873 4880

-liam
Unread 05-31-2007, 03:06 PM
SNG(Sketchy-not so-New Guy)

Liam, there are a bunch of us KOTR-types in the Pyeongtaek area who drive south on the weekends to climb. With Cheonan/Asan being pretty close by just shoot me an e-mail and we can always give you a lift to whereever we happen to be climbing.