Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 12-21-2010, 05:32 PM
verticalcult

Spiky brats!

Yes dear and lovely people you, it's gettin' chilly and the on-dols are startin' to crank, the outdoor walls are being deserted and that ITCH is startin' to itch....Ice Climbing Season will soon be upon us again, and bringing forth that special, almost erotic, excitement!
Just a note here, a mere tease and titillation, to whet (wet?) the appetite so to speak, that the MIGHTY Yeong-Dong Ice Park is growing it's crowning glory of chandeliers, fangs, cauliflowers and smears as we speak. Should the weather remain low and lovely like this, we are looking at an awesome season ahead. Other sites in full prep mode are Pan-dae near Wonju, Caribee near Seoul and of course anything and everything natural in the ranges round Sokcho/ Seoraksan National Park.
Spiked heels? Sharp! Down jackets? Plump and cuddly! Ice tools? Swinging like a rogue elephant! Get ready, get set, coz it's gonna be on like an on thing very soon.
Unread 12-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Jiri Jammer

Jake, I am excited to try it out, you have certainly whet my appetite!!
Unread 12-28-2010, 11:11 AM
verticalcult

Yeong-Dong Ice Park near Daejeon Officially opens this SUNDAY January 2nd. The lads have worked so hard to get it fat and set, this will be an awesome season!
Unread 12-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Spandexed Sportclimber

Santa brought some crampons!!!... and by santa, I mean i dipped into January's budget to feed my insatiable appetite for gear
Unread 12-30-2010, 10:23 AM
verticalcult

Due to an outbreak of "foot and mouth" disease in Korea the Yeong-dong area, including the ice-park will be in quarrantine and off limits. There will be NO CLIMBING there ALL SEASON.
죄송해요 구제역확산으로 이번시즌 완전히 이용할 수 없습니다

My deepest sympathies to Han Sang-hoon who established teh park, and does so so so much work in the climbing community. We lose a great ice-park and playground, but he loses his business and the local farmers likewise lose a lot of livestock, income and so on. This is terrible news all around and I urge you all to be aware that more areas are likely to be quarrantined across Korea. Do not breach these quarrantine rules, it will only prolong the closure of areas if they can not stamp out the disease immediately. Sorry to be the bearer of very bad news.