Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

KOTR is looking for a new owner. Are you a developer, a climber and have plans to stay in Korea for a while? If so, email me at [email protected]
Unread 10-13-2006, 09:38 AM
verticalcult

Trento "mountain" Film Festival in Korea!!

Okey dokey people here is the good news. The famous Trento film festival is doing the rounds of Korea this month. These are international films, documentries and highlights from the great grand wonderful world of mountains and climbers. Just your "cup of tea" right? So check the dates below and get out and see this mightily good showing. In most places it is even free! How bloody good is that, eh?
More details can be seen at www.trentofestival.it and/or www.mountainkorea.com

Gwangju city Oct 12th 7.30pm (sorry belated warning) at JeonNam University's "Yong Bong Hall". 광주광역시 전남대학교 용봉홀

Daegu city Oct 13th 7.30pm at Daegu CheongSoNyeon Suryeonwon (Youth Hostel) 대구광역시 청소년수련원

Seoul city Oct 14th at 7.30pm at "O2 World" Climbing Centre.

Busan city Oct 17th at 7.30pm at Geumjeong Munhwa Hwei Gwan 부산광역시 금정문화회관

Daejeon city Oct 18th at 7.30pm at the Art Cinema 대전광역시 아트시네마
Unread 10-13-2006, 11:52 AM
peace

So I show up in Daejeon on Wed and you will come get me and bring me to the film fest?! Wonder if it'll be in English. . .as many films are likely to be in "3rd" languages. . .

Never heard of the Trento Mountain Film Fest but I have been climbing in Trento! Certainly worth a Wednesday trip to break up "exam week". . . and while we're at it. . . I have this Fri off. . . could head to Daegu Thurs evening or Fri AM (via Daejeon?) and we might could sneak in a day of trad. . . er. . . if we actually want to climb, we might try to get the Swede to get there a day early and clean up any really messy pitches!

Last edited by skinsk : 10-13-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Unread 10-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Seorak Sender

I saw then in Seoul tonight at O2. I liked the first film as it was not sound (from the early days - Interesting to see how they before my entrance...). And "K2" was good but it was a bit hard to read through the Korean Subtitles (There were English original subtitles here - The speaker was american but the italien climbers was unfortunatly talking...). As the Trento festival is in Italy, the films was mainly from Italy. One nice film with down hill skiing also...

The time for everything was 2.30hours

And I got two issues of American climbing magazine "Climbing". ;-)
Unread 10-14-2006, 11:52 PM
Seorak Sender

Hm, I have not read everything in earlier posts... ;-)

If I got a more climbing days, I can do trad.! And especially now when my skin is getting better... ;-) On Monday I plan to go to the old capital of Silla. Forgot the name but I pass Daegu...
Unread 10-20-2006, 12:58 PM
verticalcult

I went to the screening in Daejeon. It was pretty good. Loved the 1910 hemp rope simul-climb no belay tool, no helmet, no worries ascent of a totally awesome Dolomites peak by Emilio Cominici (sic) and partner...fan-bloody-tastic silent b/w film. THe French made extreme ski thing was pretty good too, and the Magic line on K2 was inspiring enough (except for the strangely annoying English narration...I dunno why I didn't like that...it just sounded condescending, pompous and at odds with the groove of the Italian's climb.)
Anyway at end of show we had a mini-lottey draw and shanja came away with a spanky new Mammut cap...so go and see it. If we support these screenings well maybe Korea will get bigger and better international climbing festivals etc to pop over.