Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Gear > Gear Review

Unread 03-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Seorak Sender

New Pack?

Does anyone have any good suggestion on good packs for multi-day climbing. Something that would fit Trad/Sport gear plus the essentials (tent, sleeping bag, etc...) Any suggestions would be awesome.

Justin
Unread 03-04-2010, 11:27 PM
gert guff

http://www.andy-kirkpatrick.com/site...r_alpine_pack/
Unread 03-06-2010, 03:36 PM
peace

The one thing I love to shop for, even if it means missing a pro-deal on another brand, is packs. I love the article posted below-- everyone's needs are different, so figure out what you need and hit the stores!

I got my last at Jongno-5-ga in Seoul (best outdoor shopping, with many options for foreign brands). Be sure to try everything on-- I made them take out the stuffing and put in heavy stuff. . . you want the weight to rest on your hips-- women should consider a women's pack-- I find them way more comfortable, though not all women do. I had it down to two, and then I checked both out online and made a final decision. I've been happy with my Tatonka (a couple years now) except the buckles that broke and are a weird size to replace. Oh well. . .

I do suggest sticking to a fairly well-known brand--
Unread 03-07-2010, 11:55 PM
verticalcult

I had a Tatonka (made in Vietnam) backpack, I got it in Oz in 1994 and it lasted well until about 2002...and it was worked! Really heavy use. They are avail in Korea too and though cheaper, seem well made - if it is the right size, shape and style for you.
Hannah matey, great article. Raed it. Read it again. I love my NZ "Macpac Expedition (size 2 65-80L)", it's very simple, very strong and strips from 2.6Kg to about 1.2Kg, nothing extra and nothing flash...though I wish it had 1L nagene water bottle holder pockets on the sides...no matter how great the 2L bladder hydration things are, they are hard to drink from when you are short of breath and they do leak from the mouth spout/ freeze solid if you aren't careful.
Kyung Ah has a Black Yak bag (60-70L) which she sys is comfy and seems strong...though it has a lot od zippers and pockets that confuse me.