Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 05-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Danielle: peek-a-boo anticipation

Car needed. Munsusan - this weekend! (Sunday, May 22nd)

Hey folks. Last weekend, KOTR initiatives replaced over 15 anchors and now they are shiny and ready to be climbed. This place is absolutely stellar! I fell in love and want to go back this weekend.

I'm aiming for Sunday, May 22nd if we can find anyone with a car. Interested?
Unread 05-17-2011, 12:39 AM
☆★☆★☆★☆★

Hi

This is a bit off topic but where is this KOTR Initiatives event listed? I don't see it in the forums or on Facebook.

Thanks,
Eric
Unread 05-22-2011, 03:41 AM
金成범

Wink Congratulations KOTR rebolting initiative

Word up to rebolting one of the best crags ever! Munsusan is an absolutely splendid crag, but a lot of the bolts were a little questionable. The rock is very hard, so it doesn't have to be this way.

Make sure you publicize this rebolting project extensively. Then more people will donate to KOTR initiatives and we'll get more bolts replaced.

With astounding quality climbs, beautiful mountains (and beautiful car factories), a peaceful temple, and a hermit who helps you have male children, Munsusan is a stunning place to climb. I hope to come back some day! Make sure you chat with the hermit who lives there, he's a really cool guy. And if you find pig skulls, don't be an insensitive foreigner like me and play with them. They're part of animistic rituals.

Congrats!
Unread 05-22-2011, 05:33 PM
peace

I feel a little better that I wasn't the only one who was left out-- well, after supplying initial contacts and suggestions many months ago! But agree with Alec that is was a good place for action.

On recent visits I didn't find any pig skulls (though I have seen them at wall ceremonies in the flesh ) but the "hermit" is still there.
Unread 05-25-2011, 01:57 AM
Currently a "Gyeongsonian"

No one was left out.

This event in Munsusan as well as Yongseo Pokpo in April was not posted to KOTR for two reasons...the first being the late notice from the Korean Climbers involved and the lack of need for more then 1-2 volunteers.

Projects for the spring have been very hard to schedule. Climbing clubs around April and May are just starting to wake up and its taken a concerted effort by a lot of folks to schedule the two events that have occurred. Munususan was scheduled on the Monday, just prior to it happening on Saturday. We only needed 2-3 people max, so I contacted folks who were available to me and competent to make the trip in such a short time.

There are events to come in August, September and October. But until those dates are set, activities planned and volunteer need decided, the events will not be posted on KOTR, I do not wish to waste folks time.

I'm sorry for not publicizing these events, but between my job, expedition training, volunteer work and organizing these events, I forgot to post the trip reports...I'm not great at follow up..if someone else would like to help out with writing reviews and trip reports...please let me know we could certainly use the help!

This business is just getting started and we're doing a great job of making contacts and starting small, to keep things simple. We've made some great relationships and have done some really positive things, please keep your suggestions coming and criticisms mild.

Bryan
KOTRi