Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Climbing Chat

Unread 11-06-2009, 01:23 AM
pastafarian

Hi Mandy & Ant

Mandy: Your not far from Bryan & Shauna, Bryan's on here as byhelenski, there's a great Gym near Siji called challenger. We'll worth checking out...Bry is more down with the info than me. I'm sure he'll appear here soon.

Ant; Climbing outdoors in Korea is stellar, everything is about a million times more accessible than the uk. You'll love it...

Come and get involved on the 14th.

Look forward to meeting you both'

ta,

Will.
Unread 11-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Transient

Great! Yea, after I posted that message I saw the info about the gym. I am headed there this weekend or week, whevever I can get away. I'd like to guy a new harness eventually and get back onto the outdoor climbs.
Unread 11-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Choco fingers for you and you...!

Hey guys,

Cheers for the fast reply!

Do you have "Will's (willpower) who is a champion (though sadly a Pom too)" contact details?

Do many foreigners climb together too? Be great for getting more skilled in trad particularly. I'm aware Brian does climbing outdoor Wednesday's... what are other peoples schedules and contacts? Really want to do some bolts first off if at all possible.

A friend of mine told me that they provide ropes at crags, is this right or is it mere myth?

A.
Unread 11-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Seorak Sender

hey mandy and ant,

two of us (ethan and me) teach during the day, so we boulder during the evenings at the gym--powerclimbing. bryan, hannah, will, and elisha climb during the day, and have a set wednesday schedule for climbing outdoor. blair is in yeongcheon i believe and is bouldering at a gym.

if you also teach during the day and are free on evenings, feel free to send me a pm. most of us take trips on weekends either locally or far away to do some outdoor climbing.

hope this helps. come to the event that will has organized next weekend! it's going to be rad.

jen
Unread 11-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Currently a "Gyeongsonian"

This weekend

Hello All,

Name's Bryan, all the foreign climbers in and around Daegu seem to know each other. We usually catch up during the week for a day of climbing and tend to always chat about what each other is up to for the weekend. I tend to stay within a few hours of gyeongsan/daegu though, due to having a wife and daughter, but they both climb, so we do go every weekend. And I try every Wednesday.

if your interested in climbing, give me a shout at 010-2232-6511. My wife or I will get back to ya. Otherwise, catch up with one of the others and we'll all meet sometime.

Cheers
Bryan
Unread 08-27-2011, 03:51 PM
AlexandrKvon

Hello, my name is Alexandr.
I arrived Daegu several days ago to study in KNU and I will stay in Korea for two years.
I am from Russia( Novosibirsk city) and have been climbing for 5 years. I can't say that I am a very good climber, but not bad too.
I want to find a company to climb with in gyms and on the rocks, and will be glad to join your community.

I found two climbing gyms Challenger and Powerclimbing. Does anybody climb in this gyms?

I have not got cell phone yet, cause ma ID is not ready.(but my skype name and ICQ number is in the profile)

Thank you and sorry for my English language level=)
Unread 08-27-2011, 04:41 PM

Anytime!

Hey Alexander,

I was just talking with a mate last week, how the daegu crew has been widdled down a very few, so it's nice to see a new face.

My number is 010-9799-6511 and my email is [email protected]. I'm also on facebook as Bryan Hylenski. Look me up and we'll touch base. Your not too far from us. As for the climbing in the area...Daegu is a great spot, within an hour there are 4-5 prime locations and within 90 minutes probably close to 20 crags.

I have a car, so I usually organize a climb or two every couple of weeks, outside. I used to be a gym rat, but during the spring/summer and fall months I tend to do my best to get outside. But, I wouldn't mind meeting up with you at Challenger gym sometime. These guys are like my second family. I recommend power climbing as well, but I don't know the guys as well as the Challenger folks. A couple of us foreigners climb at Challenger and I just got back from a 5 week climbing trip to the Himalaya with the owner of Challenger and some of the members, so they are a very talented bunch and love to see new faces...I work at a college, so I have a random schedule, let me know that times you have available to work out or go to the gym and we can head over there sometime next week!

Good Luck, talk to you soon!
Bryan
Unread 08-30-2011, 12:02 AM
Seorak Sender

Bryan,
I have been in Changwon for 8 months. I belong to a gym and the koreans are very cool and take me out on trips with them sometimes. Before coming to korea I climbed a bunch in California but since I have been here really havent met any other foreign climbers. Sooo if you ever have an extra seat in your car, let me know? I'd kill for a good trip.
Thanks,
Sarah
Unread 08-30-2011, 12:14 AM

No Problem

Hello Sarah,

I'm not sure what your schedule is like this weekend. But, i have a few mates and their girlfriends (climbers as well,) coming down to crash at my place this weekend. the boys will be going out on Friday night, Sat. will be some multi-pitching at a crag we're developing, then Sat. afternoon the ladies will arrive, we'll probably go to the IAAF championship games Sat. night, no need for tickets, we'll go hang in the stadium park and watch on the big screens, then Sunday, my wife is a Yoga teacher, so we'll be doing rooftop yoga around 8am, then off to a local crag for a day of climbing...probably near here, since folks will have to catch buses/trains home.

You are welcome to come up and join us and crash here...give me a call at 010-9799-6511, we can discuss...otherwise we can setup another weekend to meetup.

Cheers
Bryan
Unread 08-30-2011, 11:22 PM
Seorak Sender

Sounds amazing.
Unfortunately I have to work on saturday but maybe I could meet up with you on Sunday? Let me know if that works for you. 010 7205 8052
Thanks so much.