Today's Posts
Calendar
FAQ
Korea Links
Weather
Train Schedule
Korea Travel
Climbs by Province
Jeju-Do Jeollanam-Do Jeollabuk-Do Gyeongseongnam-Do Gyeongsangbuk-Do Chungcheongbuk-Do Chungcheongnam-Do Gyeonggi-Do Gangwon-Do Province
User Name Password
Calendar | Register | Lost Password?

Go Back   KOTR Forums > Climbing > Upcoming Trips

Unread 06-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Seorak Sender

Looking for sport climbing partner near Daegu (July 28-August 5)

Hi,

I will be visiting my brother who lives in Daegu during the dates mentioned above. I would love to complete my vacation with a little outdoor sport climbing. I am looking for a competent belayer who could climb somewhere close to Daegu. I will be traveling with shoes, draws, and a chalk bag, but no rope. I don't climb terribly hard. I can top rope easy 11's and lead, but not always with ease, 10's! That may not be a fun day for someone, but I am also happy to belay anyone all day. Just want to climb in a different country and get outdoors! Any response would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Jenny
Unread 06-12-2012, 02:10 PM
peace

Jenny, I won't be in Korea at that time, but you can always go to Yeongyeong-dong (Doyakdae) and find people climbing there who will let you join! Or you can choose a day and post here in "upcoming trips" and hope others join! You can get busses there from the main train station and other parts of Daegu. There are several climbing gyms around Daegu, and most are used to foreigners. (You can search under "climbing" and then "gyms" and "Daegu") Challenger gym in the Siji subdivision in the E part of town, or the more centralized Power Climbing are both nice places ith welcoming people who will surely have a weekend or Sunday trip planned! Near Challenger gym, accessible by foot from the subway, is Uksugol, a small crag with a handful of routes (most in the 10 range) but unless you are very lucky, you might not find other climbers there. You almost certainly will find some at Yeongyeong!