Thread: New Site
View Single Post
Unread 04-02-2010, 05:44 PM
verticalcult

Support the cause! I signed up asap, and you should too (categorical statements and orders are my thing sweeties ). This whole mess started when KNPS abondoned park entrance fees (unless the entrance was also to a Buddhist Temple), thus cutting off their own income source (how weird is that!? )
But no bins...none at all....just doesn't make sense. It's wishful thinking, especially on the evidence before "us" that hikers oft just chuck rubbish wherever they like (not singling out Koreans here BTW, I mean all hikers etc generally). The bins at least at the major rest points and entrances offer a place to help manage some of this issue. The real need though, as Shawn and I have said before is for the KNPS to have proper funding and real teeth in it's enforcement powers (extra rangers, bigger more enforcable fines, public awareness campaigns and the ability to politically stand up for environmental concerns over 'tourist' politics).
So again, please drop in on KMPL too, and oft, stay abreast of issues and lend your support. It takes a few minutes at most and could affect you for a long time to come. Thanks!