View Single Post
Unread 09-22-2016, 11:45 PM
peace

I am not familiar with that one, but I find that climbing packs are very personal. I would only buy one that I've tried, and after trying many. (I hear some women are like that with purses). Only I know what I use my pack for, and only by trying it can I be sure it's well balanced and what I want. i.e. . . going ice-climbing? it's great to have external ice-ax hitches (you can't really stuff them with your mattress and such). By shopping in person, I've discovered amenities I would never have thought of. I suggest checking reviews for durability (or any red flags) once you've been in a shop and narrowed your choices.

If there's an independent retailer near you, they may have the outdoor-enthusiast staff who can listen to your personal needs and point you in the right direction (these guys and gals usually ask you the questions you don't even know to ask). It might cost an extra $10 or so to buy what you want from them, but then you are supporting a local business that likely treats their employees well (like giving them time to climb, or kayak or whatever they do) and you keep that money in the community. That is my (semi-political) recommendation for a pack! (In 30+ years of pack-buying, that is totally 100% right!)