View Single Post
Unread 12-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Snow Leopard

I have friends in Kathmandu, and one very close friend in particular, Balkrishna. He has a huge 5-story house where I always stay when I visit. He gives me an entire floor to myself, which is great so I can come and go as I please without having to disturb his family - especailly on nights when I hit up Freak Street for some tongba and stagger back in! Anyway, I think he'd allow our team to stay at his places during the stay in Kathmandu. He'll likely let us stay for free. On the return side, though, I believe it only proper to get our porter support from his company, Adventures Unlimited. He's a government registered company that has highly experienced porters and guides, some of them experienced on large expeditions to hills like Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Gangapurna, etc. One of his guides is a camp cook and a dear friend of mine, Dom Tamang. I always try to help Dom and help put his daughter through school, so this kind of thing would help him out a lot. Guiding and portering is the only work he does. So, if no one objects to my personal matters regarding porters, and is keen for possible free accomodation in Kathmandu, then let's try to hook things up via Balkrishna.