KOTR

Korea On The Rocks Forums (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Korean on a Mac (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859)

skinsk 04-22-2007 12:07 AM

Korean on a Mac

so I can get my Mac to write Korean like you showed me (I choose one of the Korean flag options in the NE corner of my desktop. . .go with show keyboard viewer, etc. . .) but in posts, this comes back as ????. Even if I edit an old post or one I did at work, from my Korean computer, all the Korean changes to ???? . . . even if my editing has nothing to do with the Korean!

What gives? Can you or I stop this?

I will try to re-edit area posts (at work). . .If anyone sees this in my threads, please let me know and I'll try to fix them.

Eric 04-22-2007 10:38 AM

I don't know. I will look at it the next time I see your computer. BTW, where are you posting that korean?

skinsk 04-22-2007 12:32 PM

Sometimes in the posts I use Korean. . . if I get to the office today, I need to fix some, like Baekun Slab, Boramae, Bull. . hmm, wait. . . amybe it's not messed up on another computer, but if I post it on another computer, then I can see the Korean on my Mac, unless I go in and edit (anything, not necessarily the Korean, and "save" on the Mac).

shanja 04-22-2007 01:35 PM

Eric, I don't wanna nag you or anything...especially as I'm the most Ludditish KOTRer out there...but would it be easy to update the photo viewing software with a slideshow (or simply "next") function?? It's not a big issue, but maybe it's a big hassle. I dunno. Actually I think the site is way cool. Better than those other sites out there, I mean other sites are a poor joke by comparison. Are you and Karen free to climb this Tuesday (24th)?

skinsk 04-22-2007 04:31 PM

OK-- so I fixed the Korean in area posts (at work). . . but I wonder why when I go in and edit (the English) at home, I can still see the Korean, until I hit "save". . .

Quote:

. . .but would it be easy to update the photo viewing software with a slideshow (or simply "next") function. . .
Jake-- this should be another thread, as it's a whole different thing that Korean on a Mac. . . not that I never get off topic. . . but people might ignore it here (if they don't have a mac; I know I tend to avoid techie threads like I avoid jargoned conversations. . . ) but they might have suggestions if you start a "slideshow" thread.

Personally, I like the random photos on the home page and across the photoplog, but I don't want to look at every photo equally (as in slideshow). . . though I am not against the option for people who do. I like that I can search, view the pics I want as long as I want, and ignore the bad ones:) Anyway, I'm not 100% sure I understand what you want? Something that allows a slideshow through the entire category (i.e. International)? or through someone's personal gallery (i.e. skinsk's fun photos). . . oh, weell, I'll let E answer. I am just sick at home and thus confined to my computer. :dizzy: :sick: :puke: