KOTR

Korea On The Rocks Forums (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Climbing Chat (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2011 Autumn Meet and Greet ride thread (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3087)

skinsk 09-16-2011 09:20 PM

2011 Autumn Meet and Greet ride thread

Want to go to the Meet and Greet but not sure how? Have a car or know the way and want to help out?

I'll be coming from Jeollabuk-do Friday (around 4) and can pick up along the way. Can do a train run from Ganhyeon Station in the PM. I am also happy to help newbies with logistics.

Need a ride? Post!
Have a ride? Post!
Need to know how to get here from there, post. .. maybe others are coming your way!

griddable 09-19-2011 12:33 AM

Coming from Seoul (northeastern area, to be specific), would love approach beta or travel buddies coming from the city :)

skinsk 09-19-2011 09:22 PM

There are direct trains from Cheongnyangni Station in Eastern Seoul-- there are 6 direct trains a day, that conveniently now leave exactly on the hour: AM 7,9 noon (12) and PM 3,7,8. . . They take from 1:05 to 1:20 and I believe cost W4,800.

It's worth buying your return trip ticket in advance as it is a holiday weekend-- the sooner the better! (And if you go up on a multi-pitch 3 hours before your train and miss it, for godsake don't whine about it later)

If you can snag a taxi from the station, great. . . but only if he'll bring you in the resort (not sure if they charge taxis admission costs). . . otherwise, it's a 20 minute or so (or so if you come in late and go to the campground, which is beyond the crag.

If you can arrive before the first Margarita has been poured or the first wine has been uncorked (say, sunset^^), give me a call a few minutes before your train gets in (number in profile) and I can do a pickup . . .

cantong 09-22-2011 11:39 AM

Anyone is coming from Ulsan area?

skinsk 09-26-2011 08:49 PM

I'll be heading up from Jeonju-- leaving about 4PM, so if you're on the way and need/want a ride. . . I should be passing the train station 'round 7:30ish. . .

jademarie 09-26-2011 10:13 PM

Any advice on the best way to get there from Samcheok, Gangwon-do?

I can get a bus to Wonju easily enough, where to from there?

Canadian Grizzly 09-27-2011 10:33 AM

You can get another bus across the street from the Wonju bus stn that will take you to Ganhyeon. Can't remember what # it is, but if you look in the KOTR Ganhyeon page you'll find it in the directions.

Les 09-27-2011 05:15 PM

If you'd like to join us on a drive from Seoul, send me a PM. Leaving EARLY sat morning. Hopefully beat the outgoing traffic. We've got 1 or 2 seats available... if you don't mind sharing with a few dogs. Leaving from SW seoul. Otherwise meet you out there!

jademarie 09-27-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Grizzly
You can get another bus across the street from the Wonju bus stn that will take you to Ganhyeon. Can't remember what # it is, but if you look in the KOTR Ganhyeon page you'll find it in the directions.

The directions are less than specific about the bus from Wonju

Bones 09-27-2011 09:14 PM

We're coming from Incheon. We're totally unsure of how to get out there. Any help would be much appreciated.