I got in touch with BK this morning. He'll get back to me ASAP with detailed costs of the exped. These costs will also likely include hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara, buses for travel, etc.
The Nepal Mountaineering Association has informed us that they can provide royalty assitance if we are members of the Corea Alpine Club. Anyone willing to join the CAC, and soon? It could mean some standard help, and apparently cash help, from the NMA.
Dom is currently in Tibet so I haven't been able to talk with him. He'll be back in Kathmandu in about ten days.
I'll get back everyone soon.
probably too late...?
Here's the thing:
it should be understood first off that i right yesterday learned of this exped. i get in in two weeks and am hyper-interested in getting in on this. i'm selling my car which will land me the loot to do it. are there certain dates yet? i might have looked right over it in one of the posts.
a simple bullet point recap will help me with my planning. and how rapidly i'll need to change my regimen of plain living into a hellacious jogging-all-the-time type living:Cry:. unless of course it's closed. in which case...
so it goes.
Dear all, sorry to be the bearer of the bad news, but with 3 people already pulled out and KA and I also more or less in the same boat, and air tix being outstanding on the standby, we are having to scrap/ delay the Exped until a later date. Sorry that all the hard work, passion and so on has gone to naught, but that is just the way it goes sometimes. It was valuable experienvce and we can use a lot of it when we reschedule the trip.
Our apologies and thanks especially to Dom and BK in Nepal, and to Shawn who did so much to get the idea off the ground.
That is a bummer. Nonetheless, like you said Jake, the experience of organizing the whole thing was certainly great for all of us. I'll break the news to BK and to Dom, who'll be back in Kathmandu from Tibet at the end of this week.
Let's get on rescheduling though, as soon as it seems feasible. I think with more time to consider and plan, a winter '09 or spring '10 expedition may certainly be doable.
|All times are GMT +9. The time now is 11:46 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.