KOTR

Korea On The Rocks Forums (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Upcoming Trips (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Looking for Trad Partners: mid-April ~ June 2018 (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581)

climblikeagirl 03-16-2018 10:58 AM

Looking for Trad Partners: mid-April ~ June 2018

Hi all,

I currently live in LA and will be visiting Korea for a little over 2 months from mid-April ~ end-June. I will be mostly staying at my sister's in Seoul but am going to travel throughout the country too.

I am looking for trad climbers who are free during weekdays (I will be spending weekends with my family.)

I lead 10b trad and have loads of multipitch experience. Will have double rack and a rope. Seorak mountain looks amazing.

Bonus: I speak perfect Korean.

Happy climbing! :)

Nicole.

alpingoat 03-16-2018 02:27 PM

Hey Nicole,

I'm here during that timeframe and looking for the same. Will send PM.

Cheers,
Steve

skinsk 03-18-2018 09:13 PM

I am an old, out of shape climber! I have loads of experience and know Korean climbing well. Have Mondays off and a full trad rack and can follow (I was excellent aid climber and very resourceful). Have car and all camping supplies. Could have arm twisted.

climblikeagirl 03-20-2018 06:27 AM

Great to meet you! We can bet who's older!! I've done Leaning Tower years ago and planning to do The Nose sometime soon, shooting for the oldest woman title. lol. I will contact you when I am in Korea.

My email is Nicole.yu@gmail.com and you can find me on Facebook too. Feel free to reach out to me.

Cheers!
Nicole.

Nick the Kiwi 04-07-2018 10:46 AM

Hi Nicole and others,
I am visiting Seoul for a couple of weeks and have a few spare days for climbing. I am bringing all my gear, so If anyone wants to climb between Sat 21st and Tuesday 24th, I'd be stoked! Insubong looks amazing! But open to other possibilities, indoor ice even? :) Leading trad up to approx 5:10b/c, following clean 5:12a ish (we have different grades!)
Cheers
Nick

Weitingthong 05-17-2018 11:03 PM

Hey Nicole! Iím Wendy from Singapore, heading to Seoul Tmr nite. Up for climbs, please reach me at email.weiting@gmail.com!!

Weitingthong 05-17-2018 11:04 PM

Hey Nick, I’m up for a climb on the 23rd, please reach me at email.weiting@gmail.com!

goclimbing 05-19-2018 10:32 AM

Hi all,
I‘m Mai, living in Seoul since beginning of May.
I learned to climb in Germany, lead 10a. I have a rack and a 50m rope.
I would like to join you from June on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
Please PM or emailme at climb.more.climb.high@google.com.
Thanks! Best regards, Mai

Noob_Korean 05-22-2018 09:54 PM

some quick tips about Insubong:
1. Go early! Seriously, Insubong is populated with 4~6 people climbing teams and they take forever to climb.

2. Bring 60m rope to rappel. Better yet, bring 2x60m ropes and you will only have to rappel once.

3. If you are using subway, bring $2 (or was it $3? I forgot) cash per person to take taxi up to the trail entrance. Taxi will pick people up near a small grocery store. You will have to share it with 3 other people.

4. Depending on where you start, it's possible to pickup your bags on your way down, but if you are not sure (mostly due to climbing traffic), it's better to climb with your backpack. Rappel site overlaps with Dove's Route (비둘기길)

5. If you hear 낙석 (naksuk) Something is falling, if you hear 자일 (za il or "seil" if you are a German), rope is falling

dk 06-05-2018 09:15 AM

the korean climbing leader who does trad climbing mostly in insubong and monthly in seorak mountain welcomes foreigners. he climbs weekly wednesday and sunday.