KOTR

Korea On The Rocks Forums (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Upcoming Trips (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   2013 Spring meet and greet food (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3323)

AFclimber 03-26-2013 11:19 AM

2013 Spring meet and greet food

Please list what you are willing to bring for food here. I plan on bringing homemade guacamole and peco. And beer..I like beer..And some big trash bags from work.

skinsk 03-26-2013 07:15 PM

I'll wait and see what needs bringing. . . but I can take care of any of the veggies, and I have a (vegetarian) ice chest as well as syrofoam coolers that people can use for nonveggie stuff (or stinky stuff).

Jeska 04-04-2013 11:20 AM

Kimchi. And Wine?

Bones 04-07-2013 05:51 PM

I'm sorry, but I'll be in NY next week, and won't have enough time to brew up a keg of homebrew--that'll have to wait till the fall. I do have some Kimchi Cucumber Saison and some Odell's 90 Schilling Clone that I will bring. Anyone got access to the base for some real beer?

Burritos are traditionally done at these M&G's, but I'm game for other options too. I'll probably have the MV, so can bring big items and stuff that needs to stay cool in my cooler.

skinsk 04-07-2013 10:55 PM

Dude. . . you're coming from NY!! You can probably find something to bring that we can't get here (please let it be stinky goat cheese). Some good pizza, maybe^^

skinsk 04-14-2013 04:16 PM

ummm . . . food. . .

so my cilantro is one of my best crops so far this year!!!

Can we get some folks to bring basic mexican ingredients (as an iHerb regular and "farmer" from Jeonnam. . . I am happy to bring the herbs . . . and as i have a vehicle/ice chest I am happy to bring other ingredients. . . but I can also say I have spent W100,000 + pretty much every M&G because people promise things, don't show, etc. . .

Base People . . . things that are to get include LIMES (I will actually pay you for extras for me to bring home^^) Mexican cheeses (though these days, many larger cities have monterey jack, and various cheddars available. . . though at about 2 to 3 times the price of bases) It would be cool if non base people could sponsor base people to get these things. . . but it depends on good will and positive human interactions!

I have some tortillas (these days available at E Marts and HomePlusses. . . ) various "salsas" (I use the quotes as "salsas" from Home Plus or E Mart tend to be suggary processed faux salsas (at to those of us from the Americas). .. we can make real salsas and the like if people want to sponsor and/or bring fresh peppers (all colors and the thin hot ones!), tomatoes, onions (can you get purple!?! do bring!!), garlic. . . I have been mixing some magic spices. . . and I will bring fresh cilantro, chives, parsley, basil. . . for that extra *kiss* . . . can others bring avocados? sour cream?

mil-mil 04-14-2013 05:38 PM

brining 1 case green flash west coast IPA and assorted food items

skinsk 04-14-2013 09:26 PM

*assorted food items* ^^ if you can be more specific, I can bring some OTHER assorted items!!! I am going to bring the cilantro and spices for salsa. . . if no one claims onions, peppers or tomatoes. . I will add these!

Andato 04-16-2013 08:02 AM

I have base access, so if you can be more specific on what you need and how much of it I should bring, I'll see what I can do.

jfreema8 04-16-2013 09:07 AM

I can grab the onions, pepper, and tomatoes. I would guess we would only need one onion and two or three tomatoes. Fresh jalapenos or canned? Do you guys have a head count on who all would be eating?