KOTR

Korea On The Rocks Forums (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Climbing Chat (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   'international' climbing comp in busan (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1653)

dangerflower 09-09-2008 11:47 AM

'international' climbing comp in busan

the folks at seoul climbing center asked me to let all the weigookins know that there is a sports climbing competition down in busan the sept. 27/28th weekend. because it is an 'international' comp, they would really appreciate it if some foreigners show up so that it is not just korean climbers taking part.

the organizers will pay your transportation costs, as well as accommodation and food (provided, i think, but definitely covered nonetheless).

talk to your local gym about getting registered.

have fun!

dee

lkiehn 09-09-2008 02:22 PM

ahh crap my school is making me go to Dokdo that weekend!!

ricardo 09-09-2008 03:32 PM

thanks dee! the kunsan climbing club asked the same from me but i got distracted.
i was told it would be very easy for a korean speaker to find more information on the event on line.

Dong-il 09-10-2008 03:40 PM

Here's info for Busan Tre X-game!!!

I just got off a phone with my friend working for this game.
He says that the host organization of this game still needs a lot more foreigneers(seems that they need 30 more foreign competitors). No requirement needed (doesn't matter how well you climb), just fill out the form I attached with photo, and send at this address : [email protected] or [email protected] that's it!!!

Yes, the host org. will provides participants with two days acomodation including food and around 100,000 won for transportation expenses. Game stats Sat. 27th, so participants should get here no later than 7am on Sat.

I really hope/ strongly recommend that all KOTRers participate this international Tre-X game.

When you sign up for this game you'll get ID card, with the ID card you are able to watch any game competing during the Tre-X game in Busan (perhaps, can see famous world calss climbers too).

Any question ? just call me 011-595-3701. Hurry up!!!
Gee!! I can't attach application form, just let me know if you want to join this game I'll mail you the form.

nationalpickleday 09-10-2008 03:59 PM

hmm. sounds fun. why not, I am not much of a competitor, but it sounds like a good invitation to see more of the country!
Sign me up. I have no phone number, but you can email me! [email protected]
or skype me: nationalpickleday
Danielle.

Chickenlegs 09-10-2008 11:32 PM

Soooo, not so keen on comp climbing, but seriously? If they really want weigooks so bad that they will pay Kris and I money to drive our gas-sipping little Matiz to Busan, we may be game. Could be mighty interesting. :) Could you email me the form, please? jessiekyle17 at yahoo.com

nationalpickleday 09-11-2008 10:00 AM

I am coming down to Busan for the Tre-X games and I am hioping to arrive Late Friday night. If I search for a min-bak, it would be nice for all the other competitors to share the same one. We could all then proceed to the competition the next morning! Are there any suggestions of a min-bak that is close to the comp site? And, is there a map of where the gmes will take place?
Thanks.

Ps. (jessie?, I live in Jucheon, it is about 40 minutes from Wonju, esy to get there by bus)

Katz 09-11-2008 12:59 PM

I'll give it a try. I like competition.
send me the form please
and count me in for some minbak or camping action

Philipp 09-11-2008 03:12 PM

hi,

that sounds great, hope its not to late to sign up for!

could u send me the form 2?

it is r_philipp

thanks,

Philipp

Dong-il 09-11-2008 04:22 PM

No need to find place to stay!!! The host organization will provide you guys with hotel and meal. I myself supposed to be a volunteer during the game, so I'll meet you there!! Don't worry. Keep my cell phone number just in case.