PDA

View Full Version : Girlie Shirts Preliminary Poll

avenue
05-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Ok...in effort to try to simplify things, let's do a pricing poll so we know the range we should be looking at.

skinsk
05-14-2007, 05:42 PM
:roll: $W depends on quality. . . usually, you get what you pay for. . . big thanks Nicole!:roll: U rok

Chickenlegs
05-14-2007, 08:28 PM
I meant to hit '20-25'! How can I change that?

Chickenlegs
05-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Ok, so I was looking for some more economical choices that are still good quality since several people have expressed interest in that. Here are a few:

For good quality and performance, the Mountain HW Wicked tank- $24.
http://www.rei.com/product/706922

For quality, comfort, and conscience, the REI Organic cotton tank - $20
http://www.rei.com/product/746039

And, finally, for performance and your pocketbook, the REI OXT Tech Tee and Tech Tank - $22 and $20, respectively.
http://www.rei.com/product/732175

avenue
05-14-2007, 11:41 PM
WOW!

Thanks for doing that legwork Jess! I was poking around on the prana t shirts, but didn't see anything too exciting. But I gotta say, I'm a BIG fan of the Mountain Hardwear tank--I like the cut (hopefully modest enough for Korean standards...) and the colors (hee!). Ladies...what do you think....??

(Sonia, I know you're going to hate that it's from REI...*winces*)

avenue
05-14-2007, 11:41 PM
I meant to hit '20-25'! How can I change that?

i'll make a note of it

Chickenlegs
05-15-2007, 07:27 AM
If people decided on the Mountain HW tank, we can purchase is from another retailer for a/b the same price as REI, if people have problems with the company. (REI just provides great product info and a wide selection) :)

Fainthearted Wack
05-15-2007, 04:18 PM
I love the Hardwear Wicked Tank in Carrot and the Cozumel Cotton/Lycra in Cocoa.

avenue
05-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Wow...so far only 8 women have voted. This makes me sad. :( C'mon Ladies!!!!!!

Naomi
05-22-2007, 10:34 AM
I just voted too! Cheer up Nicole! I like black Tee-shirt any brand. Thanks!

kogooma
05-22-2007, 10:50 AM
heres another vote. i'm in for anything organic and i like all the colours of the cozumel tank. thanks for putting this together :)

Ricky
05-22-2007, 10:54 AM
How 'bout short capped sleeves (sp?), v-neck in a soft cotton/lycra blend.
Color selection should be smething we can actually wear. I like orange, lime green, and bright yellow but they are difficult colours to wear.

I think brown, black, light blue, and pink would be the most practical colors. Okay, pink, maybe not so much, but I like to wear pink.

I don't know if anyone saw the shirts for sale on Tonsai, with the girl climber silhouette on an overhang....but I liked those ones. In the back near the top between the shoulder blades we could have a very simple "KOTR" and the website.

Jessica
05-22-2007, 11:13 AM
I just want to second Ricky on the "wearable" colors. Including the pink, but I like pink, too.

littledigits
05-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Mountain Hard Wear. Great brand name and the best look. I'm in for one of that. Not pink but anything else.

ms.chips
05-22-2007, 03:23 PM
yee-haw to the girlies. i also like the Hardwear Wicked Tank. in any color but pink (mmm.. i also don't like yellow.. makes me look a bit diseased, but you know.. i think "diseased" is making a comeback..)

thanks nicole and jessica and all for time spent. this will be really nice :)

looking forward to preening with you all in our sexy lil tops!

skinsk
05-22-2007, 03:39 PM
well Nicole, your call to arms worked. . . so many opinions, I'll try not to make it more difficult. I like the idea of organic cotton (cotton is great in Thailand and Korea in the summer). . . and pink (red) or yellow are not the best colors for me (I'd assume we could order different colors). This being Korea, Ricky's suggestion of cap sleeves isn't a bad idea, as these are more acceptable climbing attire in less progressive areas of the ROK.

Jessica
05-22-2007, 06:01 PM
thanks nicole and jessica and all for time spent. this will be really nice :)

I agree it will be nice, but I have done nothing other than be loud and changeable (see my switch from "not if done in Korea" to "can't we find something here?")

All credit goes to Nicole.

And since I'm here, I thought I would point out that all of the Coolmax race shirts I've gotten from runs here seem to be Western sized (the last two confirmed a trend rather than an anomaly) if that is any help.

ms.chips
05-23-2007, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=Jessica]I agree it will be nice, but I have done nothing other than be loud and changeable QUOTE]

i meant "arkansas chickenlegs jessica". but there's nuthin wrong with a little "loud and changeable jessica"! i guess the former goes by jess, right? crap...

Jessica
05-23-2007, 03:31 PM
meant "arkansas chickenlegs jessica".

That makes a LOT more sense :) Sorry.

Chickenlegs
05-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Well thank you, Marinel. You can call me Jessica, Jessie or Jess. Most people at home call me Jessie and most in SK call be Jess, but I'll answer to any of them. :)

P.S. As the only two Arkansan's I know of in Korea, we need to team up for some Southern climbing!

skinsk
05-23-2007, 05:44 PM
You can call me Jessica, Jessie or Jess. I always thought of you as Jessie. . . but is it OK if we call you
i meant "arkansas chickenlegs jessica".

that certainly clarifies who!

ms.chips
05-23-2007, 09:08 PM
hell yeah southern climbing!... pretty sure that means gittin' my paws dirty, then sluggin back a can o' budlight, crushin 'er in one hand, showin off the dixie flag tattooed on my right butt cheek, and swearin like a sailor the whole time...

y'reckon?

skinsk
05-23-2007, 09:32 PM
hell yeah southern climbing!... pretty sure that means gittin' my paws dirty, then sluggin back a can o' budlight, crushin 'er in one hand, showin off the dixie flag tattooed on my right butt cheek, and swearin like a sailor the whole time...

y'reckon?

hmmmm. . . started climbing in ala. . . climbed in georgia, w virginia, tenn, kentucky. . . there's the beer trailer, miguel's pizza/campground/gearshop, ranger rob in the obed. . and the town of nada, lots of "car-planters" . . . some pretty weird things, for sure, but only a slightly different variety than elsewhere. . .so you're pretty close, but ya lost me on the dixie flag tattoo :eek8:

a friend in new orleans just sent this. (http://www.koreaontherocks.com/photoplog/file.php?n=623&w=o) . . her almost 5-year old at a wall in one of the city parks uptown.