PDA

View Full Version : Blond Ambitions

skinsk
03-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Ahem. This friend of mine was wondering, in particularly about the BXes, but maybe somewhere in Seoul (and she won't shop at WalMart, though I believe they're out of Korea anyway), is it possible to get "Sun-in", the spray in hair highlighter that is activated by the sun?

Shagymb
03-06-2007, 05:24 PM
I'll Check for ya.

skinsk
03-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks, I appreciate that, though on second thought I realize roots probably aren't much of a problem on base. . . I've heard that lemon juice works. . .hmm

Ricky
03-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Or peroxide.

skinsk
03-09-2007, 08:05 AM
OK, but that's not the hydrogen peroxide solution that fizzes on blood? What kind of peroxide is for hair and how do you get it? Is it super harsh on hair? (is lemon? is sun-in?). . . if only my friend had naturally highlighted hair like me!

Ricky
03-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Ya. I was refering to the kind that fizzes on the skin. I knew someone who used it to touch up her roots, but I'm not sure if one leaves it on, or rinses it out. And I'm not sure it's great for the hair.

shanja
03-09-2007, 05:25 PM
I have been known to use that peroxide stuff...you can pick it up in dinky little bottles at convenience stores even (Korean name is 과산화수소) not just chemist/ pharmacy/ drug stores. It's about 3%, which is really mild and used mostly as an antisceptic for cuts etc...hair colouring peroxide is usually 6%-12% and can be a little harsh...but not too bad. Just get your hair damp and then apply it (even with bare hands it fine, really) where you want. The 3% stuff won't show obvious results unles you do it a few times over a few days...it's mild. No need to rinse it out or anything, just whack it in and then let your hair dry naturally and get on with life. Is it strange that a balding guy knows so much about hair products?

skinsk
03-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Jake, don't tell me you're not a natural blond!?!

shanja
03-09-2007, 06:01 PM
I won't tell you, don't fret. I am a natural blond, legally blond in fact. Just sometimes I wanna be BLOND blond, not just blond blond, if you follow my drift, eh?

ricardo
03-09-2007, 07:21 PM
I have been known to use that peroxide stuff...
Is it strange that a balding guy knows so much about hair products?

Jake, there's no connection here right?
:suspiciou