PDA

View Full Version : Adopt a Dog! She's cute!

Karen
11-16-2006, 10:06 PM
A few weeks ago I rescued this dog from a chain on a farm. I've housetrained her, cratetrained her, and dealt with her medical issues. Now she is ready for adoption.

Here's more info about her:

Sunny is an adorable, very little, mixed breed girl weighing in at 4.9kg. The vet estimates she’s between 3 and 4 years old. She’s timid with strangers, but once you’re her friend she’s super kissy, tail waggy, and eager to please. She dances when you come home, but also likes to cuddle on your lap while you’re on the computer. She barks occasionally, but is quiet overall. She becomes destructive when left alone unless she is in her crate, which is now a place she loves.

Health info: Her major medical issue was that she tested positive for heartworm disease back in September. She's been treated and is recovering well, but needs to have a retest done on January 11th, 2007. Until then, she is not allowed to be too active. No long walks until she tests negative.

Her ideal match:
Sunny’s looking for someone who has experience with dogs, and understands her neglected past. Her ideal match will be someone who provides lots of appropriate chew toys, continues to socialize her and crate her when they go out, and who will get her spayed in January, after her heartworm retest. Needless to say, her dream mom/dad will not chain her outside or abandon her if/when they return to their country.

Someone who fits this bill will be rewarded with a very devoted companion.

More details, pictures, and video of Sunny can be found here:
http://www.lonelylifetime.com/adoptable-animals/rescued-dog-needs-a-home/

Please PM me if you are interested in adopting this super cutie pants!

Thank you,
Karen

Karen
11-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Update: Sunny has a home!!! :D

Hypoxic
12-02-2006, 03:27 AM
That's great. Is her new home everything she deserves?

Karen
12-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks for asking. Yes, her new home is with a uni. teacher who has more days off than work days and lots of vacation besides. He's dedicated to bringing her back to the US when he returns in the future and will be getting her spayed when her she clears her next health check. And if that weren't happy enough, Sunny's new home is in Daejeon not far from us, so I may get dog-sitting privileges and/or visits later, too. :)

Hypoxic
12-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Awesome.