PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye...

melanielove
10-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Keith and I are headed back to the States tomorrow! We are stoked to be getting back but our story here in Korea won't end for a while. As most of you know we were really worried about our last paychecks and as it turns out- our fears manifest themselves into reality. Our school did not pay us our final paycheck or our bonus as promised. We have gone to the Labour Board and are now just waiting. If our school doesn't pay in the next 15 days we will have to return to Korea for a hearing. The hearing would be sometime within the next month. We have to be out of our apartment by Monday and since there 's a good chance our school will pay us now in order to drop the complaint with the Labour Board we are going home for now.

It was great meeting all of you on here, and I wish you the best in your travels and lives. Hopefully we will meet again down the road.

peace
Melanie

skinsk
10-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Melanie! Keith!

So glad to meet up with y'all. . . and you know if you have to come back, at least you can work in a weekend of climbing and we'll all be sending vibes of moral support, good karma, etc!!

You'll have to keep us updated as to where life takes you and what comes next. . . so many rivers to run and mountains to climb! Glad our paths crossed and I'm sure they'll cross again!

Peeeeaaaaaace!!!

shanja
10-15-2006, 12:39 PM
For Keith and Mel, Thanks for having been so cool and sincere. It was a pleasure meeting you both at crags and such...sorry it wasn't more often. We'll all be keeping our fingers crossed that your school/pay issue is brought to a speedy and happy end, and hoping that you guys have a wonderful life wherever the winds take you. Take care, all our best wishes ever.
Jake