PDA

View Full Version : Adopt a Cute Little Kitten

Karen
08-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Hi there,

Is anyone looking for a pet?

Consider adopting Georgia (or Georgie, we're not sure yet), an American shorthair kitten we found starving in the street only hours after returning to Korea after summer vacation.:(

The vet estimates her age at between 2-3 months, but she weighs only 300 grams. She allows herself to be picked up without a fuss, likes to snuggle and enjoys eating dry food. She starts vaccinations in 7 days (on September 4th) after she's gained some weight. She's had one dose of anti-heartworm/ parasite medication.

She is currently residing in a shoebox in our balcony, in Daejeon. Despite how sweet she is, we can't keep her. We already have a dog (see avatar).

Please, if you want further details or know someone who can provide a warm, safe, loving, indoor home PM me or Eric as soon as possible. Thanks a million!

Karen

Shagymb
08-31-2006, 11:09 PM
I may have a lead for a home for this cat.

later

Mike

Karen
09-01-2006, 06:43 AM
:) I'll keep my fingers crossed! Thanks so much.

If you want to see more pictures of her, you can go to http://www.lonelylifetime.com/v/georgia/

skinsk
09-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Any news on the kitten? I can't take her (last time I adopted a cat I was 19 and she lived 16 years!), but I can throw in some kitty treats and a catnip toy.

Karen
09-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Well, the second vet thinks Georgia is a George, though the first one said she was a she. :confused8 Anyway, he is testing her for a fungal infection and we won't know the results for two weeks. Then she can be vaccinated.

Three people have asked about adopting her. The first people have got cats so since the issue of the possible fungal issue came up, I haven't gotten any confirmation from them that they're still interested. Nothing is for sure yet.

Other than that, she's already almost doubled in weight (Yesterday she weighed in at 540g up from 300g 10 days ago). She likes to snuggle and has tons of energy. I'm sure she'd love a catnip toy! :)

Karen